[SOLVED]Need Help with a Airlock/Hatchproblem

if have this odd hatch obstructed message..., would be happy if someone could look into my setup, cause after hours of reading several threads...with conflicting informations, trying several combinations (pointers to the mesh, form the mesh, triggers slightly within collkider, complete outside, convex nonconvex) .

I think i´m stuck.

To reduce errorcausing factors I removed the iva, sidenodes, all meshes expect the mainfilter a collsionmesh and hatch+ladder.

Ok there is the filtermesh, the meshcollider, Airlock and Ladder...if i remove the collider or move it realy far away...the hatch works...so i think the Triggers should not be the problem.

What should i do? Is there a special hierarchy?

o3to.th.png

ecmz.th.png

oewd.th.png

jwnb.th.png

jkxi.th.png

Edited by onkelsiebdruck

Your part(s) do not appear to be in the GameObject. They need to be within that object in order for the export to be successful.

Thank you for your time.

ok my main gameobject with parttools is "external" (screenshots) the other parts are all within...what should i change in the Hierarchy/Order?

I've heard people talk about putting parts in a game object, but I've never done it and still gotten parts that worked in KSP. Including air locks, although those are a bit hit or miss.

Part of the problem with trying to mod this game is that everybody seems willing to share an opinion about the correct method except squad. I'm not aware of any tutorials done by squad personel.

MY hirarchy for a pod with an airlock (but no IVA) is the pod mesh with a game object inside of it for the airlock.

That's it. Just 2 items in the list. It may not be right, but I get a pod that kerbals can exit then re enter so it's not wrong either.

Of course just cause it works for me doesn't mean that it will work for anyone else.

What you both are saying is interesting. This is the first sticky in this sub forum: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25482-TUTORIAL-Getting-Started-With-Unity-BACK-FROM-THE-DEAD%21 It has links to other tutorials as well. I've simply tried to follow that since it is Unity's job to convert your model into a game object that KSP can use.

I read several threads again...and than i looked into the squad mu files, with a setup pretty identical to mine....but the model was centered a the y-axis, mine was just 0 and up....and i remembered someone in one thread wrote that he moved his model a bit below 0 . ( a small but good advise like a needle in a field of.....whatever)

Ok, Thats the point....the meshcollider of your model (or boxcollider or whatever) should be with one side below 0 in my case i centered the model....so everything works now.

( In may opinion thats a math-bug in KSP.....)

But after trying so many combinations and advises in dozens of threads i played again around with different setups.

And surprise surprise.....many of them go straight in my personal voodoo section, cause they are not necessary at all!

First...I tried to make the airlockcollider really tiny small....something like 0.1,0.2,0.1....even that works......and it does not matter if the hatchcollider intersects a bit....a bit more or even not all with the meshcollider. If your meshcollider is convex or not convex.....that doesn't matter either for the Airlock (ok it does matter for other physics in the game, but not for the hatch)

Ok for all people searching the forums:

Airlock Hatch obstructed blocked: Lower your Modell in Unity a bit or best with one half below 0 on Y-Axis

ps: and @ frist try even the construction with my others parts works, attached dock, door closed...hatch obstructed....door open, hatch work....happy happy!

]3hcs.th.png

Edited by onkelsiebdruck

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem, but this doesnt work for me :/

edit: I got it... first i lowered the whole with the game object but you have to lower your part under 0 :P

but I got another problem :/ I know it doesn't belong here but maybe somebody can help me. I use ksp 23 and I buildet two pods: both are very similar but I can only select one of them as first part the other is not available until you selectet another first part. (like the external seat)

anybody an idea what I did wrong?!

Edited by Rodney

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.