KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Use screen with it

on a Linux server, screen mono KMPServer.exe

This will keep it running without a terminal connected while still letting you access its stdio for troubleshooting.

I`m using tmux actually, similar to screen. That's not the problem, but thanks anyway.

Salud.

I am working at developing a mod server. What mods would people like to see?

KAS

Kethane <-- I suspect this would be difficult, but maybe I'm wrong

KW Rocketry

Protractor

Kerbal Engineer

Fustek MODs

THSS

I would say MechJeb, but I've been able to kick my mechjeb addiction.

I played with friends most of the night with my usual KSP installation, but it's full of mods. I've kept using stock parts anyway, but to make things cleaner, I've redownloaded KSP to have a fresh pristine installation for the next time. I have extracted KMP files where they should be, launched the game, added the server, and hit "Connect". However, it won't connect. I end up on the map view of Kerbin, with no KMP windows displayed. What is wrong? KMP is here at the main menu because I can add a server and try to connect. After several trials, I can confirm it works on the same server with my older installation full of mods, the problem occurs only with the fresh install. Are there any plugin dependencies?

Hmm because the Timewarp Problem.

Why you ask not Fractal_UK for his Warpdrive Mechanics?

Not the parts now...

But Technical we want the Timewarp only to fly faster or?

And his was to "simulate2 a warpdrive looks for me like a good option to "simulate" Timewarp, but not need real the ingame Timewarp.

the server is just too unstable

there are lots of debris on the ksc, which crashes any ship i try to launch

if it does not, no other ships will show up, and if i leave the 40km sphere i blow up

the server should automatically wipe any uncontrolled vessel or debris within the 40km ratius

and please, add a "force sync" button for when im not synced but still within the 40km range

so i wont blow up when i leave it

I come from the french community forum (KSP-fr).

(correct me if I have wrong)

I think the UDP is not a correct solution if the refresh clock is too low.

If you want make it more stable, you must, for me : accelerate the refresh clock, or use the TCP protocol, or use the UDP just for transmit the save ... And use TCP for other functionalities.

Sorry if my english is bad, i'm french(but i'm an exelent Frenglih speaker :D), don't forget ;).

I come from the french community forum (KSP-fr).

(correct me if I have wrong)

I think the UDP is not a correct solution if the refresh clock is too low.

If you want make it more stable, you must, for me : accelerate the refresh clock, or use the TCP protocol, or use the UDP just for transmit the save ... And use TCP for other functionalities.

Sorry if my english is bad, i'm french(but i'm an exelent Frenglih speaker :D), don't forget ;).

Now that you make me think of it, yes, TCP is vastly more used for massive data transmission than UDP ... Still you need both to take the advantages of both: use UDP for craft and pictures submission, and TCP for physical data transmission. I don't know how it is used on KMP but seems to be a nice solution for lags and UDP loss.

Now that you make me think of it, yes, TCP is vastly more used for massive data transmission than UDP ... Still you need both to take the advantages of both: use UDP for craft and pictures submission, and TCP for physical data transmission. I don't know how it is used on KMP but seems to be a nice solution for lags and UDP loss.

Possible...

I don't thought that, but it's possible, maybe it's a better solution ...

Edited by Dorix

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.