Do you need to go to planets to have fun in KSP?

I don't know about the intergalactic bit, but personally, I have had a lot of fun making and figuring out airplanes, orbiting stuff around Kerbin and the like. Eventually, once you are familiar with all that, you will probably feel the urge to challenge yourself and to reach farther, but fun in KSP is very much a personal thing, and two players' definition of fun may be very different. That's the beauty of an open-ended game like this one.

Do you need to go to other planets to have fun or can you have fun by flying jets making explosions or even making you're own army of kerbals arming themselvs for intergalatic war? :confused:

Thats the beauty of it: Do what you like. You have a whole solar system to explore... or not.

I just spend three days in a row trying to build interplanetary tankers. HUGE ones! I am talking about 16 Jumbo tanks here.... or more. Not that I think they will go anywhere. I just have fun building them. And shooting them to orbit. And dock them together.

But you can also have fun just building targets and throwing Rockets at them and see how they explode.

Or build an planetary defense grid. Either pointing rockets at incoming Kraken/Aliens. Or pointing inwards to subdue the whole planet.

Whatever you like.

Thats the beauty of it: Do what you like. You have a whole solar system to explore... or not.

I just spend three days in a row trying to build interplanetary tankers. HUGE ones! I am talking about 16 Jumbo tanks here.... or more. Not that I think they will go anywhere. I just have fun building them. And shooting them to orbit. And dock them together.

But you can also have fun just building targets and throwing Rockets at them and see how they explode.

Or build an planetary defense grid. Either pointing rockets at incoming Kraken/Aliens. Or pointing inwards to subdue the whole planet.

Whatever you like.

Thanks For posting! I thought if i was gonna go arm my kerbals for intergalatic war, That i would be the wierdest KSP player in history ! Lol, But now i've read you're post, I'm gonna start making new tankers carriers and all that stuff, And dude jumbo tanks, AWESOME!

So thanks for letting me know that other people make tanks and stuff! I think im gonna make a inter-galactic defense grid!

Edited by Lolkillalevi

Thanks For posting! I thought if i was gonna go arm my kerbals for intergalatic war, That i would be the wierdest KSP player in history ! Lol, But now i've read you're post, I'm gonna start making new tankers carriers and all that stuff, And dude jumbo tanks, AWESOME!

So thanks for letting me know that other people make tanks and stuff! I think im gonna make a inter-galactic defense grid!

I'm very terrible at KSP i only really get things into very stupid orbits(though once, with the fasa asteroid mod, i got an asteroid to pass kerbin once every couple of years or so), usually colliding with each other. so i usually have a couple mods up, aircraft carriers and subs and the like thanks to Infinitedices boats mod and a couple other things, and i just mess about with it. so really, thinking that making a war like scenario isn't weird, there are many many series on youtube doing so, such as EnterElysium's World War K.

Yeah, I think i would have fun making jets that are able to shoot some kinda thing without any mods...Just like you said, Every player has a differen't goal and Way they have fun!

Well there's your awnser I guess :P

Though I can tell you, it brings enormous satisfaction when you first land on a new planet.

Hell I've been to the Mun dozens of times and even landing there succesfully brings a big smile to my face.

My advice: Just try every damn thing you can think off

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.