Help with mechjeb

Hydrazine_Soup

Hi there, I use Mechjeb mainly for getting large (+250 parts) things in orbit (due to lag it is impossible to manually keep the ship from rotating away) so the mod is a must have for me, but since I upgrade to 0.22, I cant get the ascent guidance utily to work as it used to. It just controls the engines throttle but doesn't do anything with the ship's control: if it turns, mechjeb doesn't do anything to recover its orginal position.

Any help would be aprecciated, may it be something missing in the cfg file of the AR202 part?

Edited by danilon62

I have the latest one for 0.22, corrective steering was already ticked but I can't activate SAS. When I press "Activate Ascent Autopilot" the SAS light automaticaly goes off.

Any thoughts? Also about the Smart ASS, I have it always disabled, and when I turn on Autopilot the Smart ASS goes into AUTO mode.

Edited by danilon62

Smart A.S.S. should change to a single button that says AUTO on it if it's operating correctly on ascent guidance.

Try tuning it off?? I think? Whenever I have Smart ASS on a particular heading, and I put a node in to autoexecute, I sometimes have to shut off Smart ASS, then tell it to execute the node again. For whatever reason, it doesn't want to shut it self off so it can do the thing you want it to autoexecute. Dunno if it's doing the same thing on launch guidance.

I'm not even sure that makes sense to me, and I wrote it, but I hope it helps.

Edited by DChurchill

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.