[WIP] Mass Relay - Warping all over the place

Molybdene

• 2 weeks later...
Molybdene has a lot of stuff on his plate right now an .23 broke all of his work he had done. If someone else would like to use my parts to make a new warp thing plugin, your welcome to my parts. Just send me a PM when you do.

Hmm, I might take a shot at that. I don't want to step on Molybdene's toes, and I'm not sure I could pull off all the features he has planned, but it could be fun to create a basic proof of concept. I'll report back if I manage to get something working.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have right hopes for this mod, I would eventually like to include it into my overall infrastructure for my game.

Currently, I am running a Kethane mining and refining operation on Minmus, which an accompanying space station in orbit to act as a filling station, a Kerbin orbiting station, which functions also as a gas station, but crew transfer point, dock, and space assembler.

This was supporting my old Interplanetary 1 generation of craft, IP 1A -1D, which used Fuson torch engines to get from place to place, but still had to travel through normal space.

recently, I have included the KSP Intersteller Mod, and have updated the main space station with Anti-matter storage and Sci labs, along with the construction of new Warp capable vessels, the Interplanetary 2 generation of craft, in addition to warp probes.

However, All that being said, creating warp craft requires certain heavy components, meaning those craft by nature have to be large. I would eventually like to see this mod see the light of day, so that I can create a network around the Kerbin system, so smaller non-FTL craft can have the benefits of FTL travel, Ie Crew transfer shuttles and refueling barges.

-Æ

• 1 month later...

i would very much like to see this released... i was just thinking about fizz's "let's pretend it works with hyperedit" and wanted to ask: what would we need to do to get it to work like MassEffects warpgate? couldn't we somehow use interstellor to replicate that "warp" effect with ships from one gate to another?...

i'm just asking here because i read all the posts (and saw some stargate and Masseffect references) and was thinking about how intersteller did warps n stuff. i'd like to be able to warp like in intersteller but don't want all those nasty parts...

Hmm,

What exact is the Problem?

The transportroutine? (The Beaming the ship from Place A to B?)

Did you ask perhaps the guys that made the hyperedit Mod, if they could help you to find a solution?

Or I think the Modmaker of KSPI would help you too.

This is no complaining, only a siggestion.

Asking for help is never a shame.

(I mean asking for direct teamwork)

Hmm,

What exact is the Problem?

The transportroutine? (The Beaming the ship from Place A to B?)

Did you ask perhaps the guys that made the hyperedit Mod, if they could help you to find a solution?

Or I think the Modmaker of KSPI would help you too.

This is no complaining, only a siggestion.

Asking for help is never a shame.

(I mean asking for direct teamwork)

also it helps people learn from mistakes aswell! :D

The trouble is indeed on the transporoutine. I'm able to set the new orbit for the given ship, but the other one (the "target" one) is starting to behaving strangly, having a random acceleration from nowhere.

I haven't asked the hyperedit guy(s) yet, because last time I tried testing my mod, I used hyperedit to put the relays on orbit around some planets, and I have this random acceleration. From hyperedit.

But Yeah, I'll ask for help, I'm not ashamed saying that I don't understand why it's so complicated to "just" change the orbit.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, your 'invention' has been aleardy discovered by Danny2462- firsty appearance of it is in messing around in ksp 3!

Watch this! :

SECONDS 2:31 His Mass Relays are boooooommiiiinnnggggg out!

But okay i see what do you wrote in your 3rd or 2nd comment, so nice :) but Danny is the maker of them!

Edited by The Jeb.

Danny isn't the "maker" of them. He may have called them that, but this is entirley different. Dannys mass relays work like engine pushers. The mass relay this mod talks about teleports to other mass relays, and is based on something created long, long, before danny made it.

Mass_Relay_Loading_Screen.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.