[WIP] Mass Relay - Warping all over the place

Molybdene

The animation plays when you click warp and then 3 seconds later you warp to the other station. I thought about exporting a Giant version of just the rings that was more like the mass effect accelerator so people could build massive structures but we will see after we get everything together first.

Not trying to preasure the dev's but it's not the first mod that's dropped because someone released a similar first.

I would hate to see these AWESOME parts go to waste.

Like you said:

Yes lets get everything working first, let people play with it. Then we can tweak what and how many resources it needs.

Please take your time, no preasure.

Make it right. Release it then make it better.

This will be a awesome mod, with awesome parts. Can't wait for it.

On a side note, i haven't seen a energy generator. There are a lot of them on warp drive mods but as mass relay's are extremely heavy and complex i would thing that it shoud be a chaleging thing to build.

Something like 3 parts (relay, batterie, generator) that had to be put together in orbit due to it's wheight.

The relay is 60t, the batterie should be at least 80t. If you add a nuclear generator of 40t it would be harder to put in orbit on one trip. Or maybe some huge solar panels that would make the final structure larger in space.

I mean Mass Effect's mass relay ships where huge.

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work. and i like the new batteries more.

Thanks for the feedback Buckshoot.

We will release the first version with the current part & functionnality.

Later, after the first reaction of the "public" and some improvement, I will work on a way to make it a multi-part gate. I want to have something build into space, that will require time and sweat.

I hope that when you do get to that point you'll include some parts that will allow one-way travel to your destination and that the gate segments don't cause the same explosions that the full single part gates do when you try to traverse the network......

Edit1:I'd like to at least be able to send the materials through one-way so I don't have to send a small fleet of supply crafts in order to build a gate......

Edit2: I'm talking about warping the multipart gates when they're still discreet pieces not yet assembled:

For example, I build a gate in kerbin orbit, I then send a ship equipped with a "Guide Beacon" (A new part) that allows the gate to target that area of space for a one-way warp on a trip to the destination. I then send the destination gates pieces through on one-way trips, then assemble them on-site, Sorta how Pre-fab is used in today's construction industry.....

(I quite understood how the current test version will work in regards to warping the single piece gates, looking forward to them!!)

So do the pieces of a warping machine still cause explosions when warped in this case????

Edited by Railgunner2160

Read the description of the video, Railgunner. The explosion is the aftermath of a massrelay warp. if you try to warp a warping machine, you will be in trouble, that's all ;)

No explosions when using a regular ship. only light & awesomeness.

Edit1:I'd like to at least be able to send the materials through one-way so I don't have to send a small fleet of supply crafts in order to build a gate......

I think the idea is that having to get all the relay pieces to the destination by conventional means will make it feel more like you've earned the right to warp there. If you can warp the pieces to a destination, it somewhat defeats the purpose of requiring several large parts in the first place. At some point it gets a little too close to HyperEdit.

I'm not saying make it too easy, the gate pieces could have a modifier that cause the gate to require even more energy to send them. After all if trying to "warp the warping machine" causes it to explode, then I figure the gate might need to draw even more energy(Not catastrophically so) to send the components through. Also the guide beacon may only be able to handle so many tons in transit at once, and maybe it burns out after 1 or 2 or so many uses, and the gate just requires more power just to use the beacon as a end point....

Of course it's all up to Molbydene what he decides to include in his mod!!!

Edit: I'd look at it this way, maybe make it so that this method is better for the farther out planets and for the nearer ones conventional methods are the better option, that or go to alot more trouble to use the gate as a delivery system for them......

Edited by Railgunner2160

So glad to hear of all this progress, I'm excited.

Though I was hoping for more of a Stargate look with the animation and model.

Maybe you two can make a separate model that looks like the Stargates with the reflective water-like matter/energy in the ring?

spacegate-background-wallpaper-art-winter-14026.jpg

f2542a8e-9070-49b0-b49a-a4acb6e40fca.jpg

Jumper.jpg

The image below is my favorite color scheme/model.

Stargateinactive.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.