Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

@MeCripp

I have tried your config but instead of making all antenass just passive omni with huge range it breakes things when Dishes are thinking themself both as omni and the dish same time. And if you look at the part discription in VB it will say it is both Dish and Omni antenna. It even have two buttons for activate and deactivate the antenna. I guess part of the Dish code is hardcoded and can't be changed by simple cfg editing. Or maybe some other mod kicks in and messes things up. I guess, I'll just use the mod the way intended it is tedius but I used to it already.

@Cilph

Sorry for giving the false credit for your work to MeCripp, he responded so fast so I assumed that he is a part of dev team at least. Thank you for the mod it is really fun and must be stock (maybe without time delay). I want to donate for your hardwork but paypal is not accept payments from Japan. Any other way to send payment?

Did you take out the file's that name's come close too?

Edited by Mecripp2

Did you take out the file then name's come close too?

I used the two files RemoteTech_Antennas_Omni.cfg and RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas_Omni.cfg renaming both to RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg and RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg correspondingly in the folder of the mod, replacing original RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg and RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg but got what I got. I was doing something wrong?

I used the two files RemoteTech_Antennas_Omni.cfg and RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas_Omni.cfg renaming both to RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg and RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg correspondingly in the folder of the mod, replacing original RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg and RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg but got what I got. I was doing something wrong?

No that was it you did it right.

@Cilph

I tried to use kOS as separe mod and found it distracting from the game itself to properly programm the moon landing (maybe it's just me). It would be nice to see MechJeb integration with remote tech if the making own RT landing routine it too much fuss. The landing and ascend guidance become available quite late in the game tech tree so I guess it will become available around the time player would decide to send his probes to distant objects. It’s always the choice for the player to actually use it or not.

There will be no integrated landing pilots. MechJeb integration possibly, but that wouldn't come from me. I'll expose an API, take API feature requests, but that's it.

Got it. Thank you for your time and effort. Is there any other way to support the project exempt paypal. It seems money transfer from Japan is not available. Any other option?

Got it. Thank you for your time and effort. Is there any other way to support the project exempt paypal. It seems money transfer from Japan is not available. Any other option?

The only other option would be an international bank account transfer, not something you want to do or either of us are comfortable with. ã‚りãÂ΋¨ã†ãÂâ€Ã£Â–ã„ã¾ãÂâ„¢, ゴーストã•ん

Edited by Cilph

The only other option would be an international bank account transfer, not something you want to do or either of us are comfortable with.

I'll look for some other options, I'm not Japanese by the way, I'm Russian who are working in Japan, so I'll see if some of my russian accounts will do, or maybe ask some of my friends in Russia with PayPal I guess there will be no restrictions. You did a fantastic job with this project, and it's the least I can do to help.

日本語を上手ã§ã™ã­ã€ÂCilphã•ん。

I just want to let you know I stopped playing Ksp cause I was having duplication bugs. Sure I could remove remote tech, but its just not the same without the added realism (I also use TAC life support). Getting that first relay into orbit on some god awful orbit so you dont lose signal, building up your kebin, mun and min sat networks for your lander probes, white knuckle rides on aerobraking maneuvers because kerbin is on the other side of the planet so you have no connection, and my personal favorite, seeeing that antenna snap off during landing and knowing your boned. Keep up the good work, seriously this mod is awesome.

Well, as a modder I barely get to play KSP as is, so my sympathies.

@ All competent developers: I'm about to write interfaces and proxies for every interaction with Vessels, CelestialBodies, and perhaps Parts. Please talk me out of it while you still can :P.

Well, as a modder I barely get to play KSP as is, so my sympathies.

@ All competent developers: I'm about to write interfaces and proxies for every interaction with Vessels, CelestialBodies, and perhaps Parts. Please talk me out of it while you still can :P.

Good Luck and may the kerbal way be with you can't wait the update.:D

Who would mind if I gave an advance notice that with 0.24 I will probably break RT2 backwards compatibility? If you complain enough I could reconsider.

If you desperately do not want me to break backwards compatibility with 0.24, please voice your opinion. Because trying to maintain it is a wasted effort if everyone is okay with it.

Edited by Cilph

I plan to start a new campaign with .24, so wouldn't have an effect personally. It would seem logical to not have such support as a tradeoff of programming simplicity in the form of less bugs as a result. A better end result seems superior to backward compatibility.

Who would mind if I gave an advance notice that with 0.24 I will probably break RT2 backwards compatibility? If you complain enough I could reconsider.

If you desperately do not want me to break backwards compatibility with 0.24, please voice your opinion. Because trying to maintain it is a wasted effort if everyone is okay with it.

I will likely restart my campaign. As i do with every release.

While I'd like to keep my 0.23 save around, as a software dev myself I know what a pain in the a** backwards compatibility can be, so nuke it from orbit if you feel it's for the best.

I just wish there was an easy way to remove the outdated logic from saves in a 0.23 > 0.24 upgrade. Even if it meant having to send a Kerbal up to every satt/relay to reinitialize things.

Hi Cilph, I'm really enjoying your mod, though I'm having a problem. I'm sending a rover to Eve, but when I separate the rover (with an omni) from the orbiter (with an omni and dish) the rover has no connection. The orbiter has connection and is controllable. All antennas are activated and of course the rover is only a few metres from the orbiter. Any ideas?

Do it, if it helps you!

Hi Cilph, I'm really enjoying your mod, though I'm having a problem. I'm sending a rover to Eve, but when I separate the rover (with an omni) from the orbiter (with an omni and dish) the rover has no connection. The orbiter has connection and is controllable. All antennas are activated and of course the rover is only a few metres from the orbiter. Any ideas?

Did you put a probe core on rover ? are you using active vessel targeting your orbiter from kerbin ? Or was that a JOKE ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Did you put a probe core on rover ? are you using active vessel targeting your orbiter from kerbin ? Or was that a JOKE ?

Yes it has a probe core, no active targeting. I'm not sure what you find humorous about the post, but no, it wasn't a joke.

Since posting I've removed some unwanted mods and now everything works fine. None of them would seem to conflict at first glance but I didn't do anything different to the probe.

If breaking compatibility is required for the long term health and functionality of RT, then doing it with the 0.24 release when a lot of save restarting is likely anyway, sounds like a good idea

Anyone against save breaking still has the option of retaining their current 0.23 install to continue their save, or finding a way to update their persistence file