Fix parts?

Okay, so I'm playing career mode. I flew a plane to the north pole and it probably took about 40 minutes... I was tired. I landed, stopped, and extended my panels on the plane so I wouldn't come back to having no power... Well, when I went back to the flight both of the panels were "broken". So, I'm not trying to cheat... I just want the plane the way it was when I left. I want to do a lot of science up there, now I'm not going to be able to recharge my batteries and the mission is scrapped without that capability.

Basically, how do I edit the files so that flights vehicle has the panels intact again? Thanks in advance.

You might be able to do it from the persistent file if they're still attached to the vehicle.

Edit: If all else fails you can just give your cockpit/core a higher power capacity than it would normally have and make it full. There should be a value, [what you have]/[max capacity]. Just set them both to some ridiculous number.

Edited by Dizzle

Unfortunately the only means to fix anything but parachutes and rover wheels is to edit the persistence file as you suggested... but that could cause issues.better to collect and store what you can, recover the vessel, and try again.

If you have multiple command pods or cockpits, each one can store a crew report, and one EVA report and sample per biome, IIRC. Each one would also act as a battery of sorts, allowing longer operation without solar panels.

For future reference having extended solar panels on a planet with atmosphere will work as long as you do not leave the craft. As soon as you unload and reload the craft the physics rip the solar panels off.

This is what I experienced. I was landed on the surface, stopped, extended the panels... I went back to KSC... exited the program and came back later... when I came back the solar panels were in pieces all around the craft.

I've had this happen multiple times when test building my base around KSC and others have had the same problem. It's the way the game loads the craft, the planet, and the atmosphere. Since your ship which is landed on the ground, is still technically moving (with the surface of the planet) it is subjected to acceleration while in atmosphere with the panels extended, which rips the panels off right when the ship loads.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.