engines and fuel?

Hello, I was reading about the engines in the game and noticed that they all, (obviously) use 0.9 liquidfuel and 1.1 oxidiser as their fuel ratio. And they all have different thrusts, my queries are this:

Does the thrust of an engine correspond to how much acceleration it offers in m/s(^2) ?

How would I be able to calculate the speed of fuel depletion of an engine at full thrust ?

What are ISPs of an engine?

Thanks for all answers

Edited by Affan

Yes, acceleration of a craft is dependend on thrust of it's engines, and the weight of the craft.

The ISP is a mesure for how efficient an engine is. Higher ISP means it can get more deltaV per fuel unit.

To calculate it, you need a formula you can find somewhere on the wiki I think. You'll have to google it

Acceleration is directly proportional to thrust. F=M*A (thrust is a measure of force)

Fuel consumption speed isn't actually a very useful stat. Much more helpful is delta-v. Still to answer your question:

For a constant X,

<fuel rate> = X*<thrust>/<isp>

I believe this constant is X=1/9.81 if you want <fuel rate> in kg/s, or X=1/(9.81*5) if you want it in units/s (the indicated quantity, IE 800units in the FL-T800 tank).

But ISP changes with altitude so in an atmosphere the exact burn time is tough to calculate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.