Kerbal career with reduced science return mission log

Feniks_PL1984

About my play and changes I made.

I will be playing in career mode which means I will start with the most basic rockets and will have to earn science points to unlock new parts and be able to complete further missions. Because Science system is not balanced yet and it is too easy to get everything unlocked I modified ScienceDefs.cfg so that I receive only 1/5 of science that I would normally get for my missions. This will require me to complete more mission using simpler equipment and do more planing before I send my Kerbals out into a space.

Background story to let's play.

Kerbals never showed any interest in space travel and colonisations of other planets. Even though this peaceful race was capable of great achievements, Kerbals were content with the way things were on their planet. Agriculture and simple machinery were the most Kerbals ever wanted from life. Science was often looked at with fear and anger as any Kerbals were always afraid of change. Everything changed about 10 years ago when mystery during huge meteor storm mystery goo was found landing on the planet. Within fortnight population of Kerbin was reduced to half of what it was with strange illness killing every other citizen and spreading in exponential rate. All greatest mind of Kerbal Civilisation were put together and solve this problem. Luckily scientists were successful in producing vaccine but millions of dead were reminder that this could happen again. Within year time special commission was called to develop program to send kerbals to other planets and survey for any other potential hazards. 9 years of intensive research and labour finnaly resulted in creation of Kerbal Space Centre. Bravest people of planet Kerbin finally finished their traing are are ready to lunch their first manned rocket. Group leader Major Jebediah Karman and his two team mates Capitac Bill Kerman and 1st Lieutenant Bob Kerman were the only people who successfully passed their test with a big group of people still in training it was up to them to star their first mission.

Our first official photos:

screenshot0.png

Kerbal Space Centre

screenshot1.png

Brave Kerbal Heroes (from left Major Jebediah Karman, Capitan Bill Kerman and 1st Lieutenant Bob Kerman). In the background there is official Kerbal Flag. Photo was taken on official opening ceremony for KSC)

First mission is planed for today I will soon update this log with first proper entry for now I am just setting up scene for future logs.

Ok time for our first mission.

Training exercise.

Crew: Capitan Bill Kerman

Primary objective: Practise collecting samples and data transmit.

Mission time: 2 minutes

Achievements: 3 science points

screenshot2.png

Report: This was basic exercise from planted Command Pod MK1 Bill Kermam had a short walk and practised collecting EVE reports and soil samples. He then send several crew reports from inside the pod. All togather training exercise produced some valuable data for science team.

Mission 1:

Code: Kerbin Data Collector -KDC 1

Crew: Lieutenant Bob Kerman

Primary objective: Test basic design for ship being able to collect data from various bios, send crew report from fly-by. (partial failure)

Secondary objective: Collect data from at least 1 extra bio. (failed)

Mission time: 3m

Achievements: 5.7 Science points

screenshot4.png

Bob Kerman started engine and moved into the air. In flight control room laughs and cries of joy could be heard util terrifying shout came from the radio. "I'm loosing power!" Major Jebediah Karman who was present at the time took over the radio and aborted the mission with KDC-1 safety landing in the see. Despite mission not achieving the expectations collected data from crew reports and vessel recover allowed gave Reaserch department a lot to work with. By the end of a day new draft of better and bigger petrol tank was presented for initial approval.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.