Kerbin City Community Project needs YOU!

nothke

Hello KSP fans!!

I see a lot of great stories, and great art around here, so I was thinking of offering some "jobs" to you so you can help build Kerbin City Community project even if you can't model or make textures.

IMPORTANT!!!

• Apply with links to your previous work (if required), in posts below.
  • The works will be selected so do it as good as possible!
  • You will be credited and you reserve the right for your work. I will prompt you if I require modifications of your work.

Available jobs:

Writing

(1-2 people)

The Kerbin Times newspaper is a single page "cover" that is meant to be out for every new build (or more often, depends on the popularity), that is supposed to comically announce what is new around Kerbin City or just some random funny headlines. I wrote and designed the first number, and you can see it here:

http://i.imgur.com/ASQAzTI.jpg

Writing and designing this cover took me a day, so I realized I should give it to someone else cause I can't spend so much time writing, especially when inspiration is gone =( plus I am not that good at English to write it flawlessly. I require you to write in a similar manner and with similar length and also I'll make some suggestions and say what will be new in the next build. You don't need to do any graphics as I will fill in the template, but you can provide "photos" (screenshots) if you want.

Requirements:

Expert knowledge of English.

Previous writing works, fan posts and such. I need some actual proof that you can write well.

Painting

Billboards

(unlimited)

There will be billboard advertisements scattered around the city at some point and it would be really cool to have people to paint some funny Kerbal-style commercials on them.

Requirements:

• Creativity and painting skills! (obvious)
  • No real companies should be advertised, but parodies (GTA-style) are allowed
  • Do not focus on detailing but better quantity because the single billboard will be quite small (check technical)

Technical details:

• Billboards will be 2:1 ratio images (so 1000x500 pixels, for example)
  • The resolution you make them in won't matter but have in mind that the billboards will probably be reduced to 256x128 px, but I will see that, depends on general performance. Make sure to save in higher than 512 resoultion. 256 is very small, but it will ensure that many billboards fit on one lightweight texture. You should not detail too much as well.

Paintings/posters

On the future island there will be an enterable gallery building (or a few of them) which you could visit in EVA and see the paintings.

Requirements:

• Actually done Kerbal fan works.
  • Screenshots are not allowed!

Technical details:

• This time, the format/ratio doesn't matter. It's the idea that matters..
  • ..Although of course resolution will be rescaled according to texture placement

Road vehicles (crafts)

Making craft files of cars, trucks, helicopters, vtols, anything that could be used in an urban environment. We could make a little craft library bundled with KC for driving around the city.

Modular Multiwheels mod is strongly recommended for wheels, it has a very good engine system that goes quickly around streets, it has a great suspension model, and it also allows very cool DRIFTING!

Requirements:

• Creativity!!
  • craft reliability

Modelling

Just mentioning it if you already don't know, you can make buildings or anything you want on your own plot in Kerbin City, main dev thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/46643-Kerbin-City-Community-Project-(packing-build-2)

Edited by nothke

I have no writing history, but maybe these will inspire:

"Population surge: More Explosions Everywhere!"

"Citizens complain bridges lead to nowhere"

"Wanted: Air Traffic Controllers" sub header: "Landing on highways to be prohibited?"

"RoveMax M3 a menace on the road!" "Kerbal Motion LCC denies responsibility for flattened cars"

I can make some .crafts. I'm also working on modelling. Next time there's plots up for grabs, I'll help out. :)

Will make a demo craft. I love VTOL's and general 'personal' crafts.

(Employees of Compact Rocketry ride the A-1 Mantis to work. I don't know if it's suitable for urban enviroments. Its cruise speed at low altitude is 250 m/s, but 1280 m/s at higher ones. It's also delta winged, but it glides soooo well. I don't know. I'll see. :wink: (unparsed: ;) )

I'll do it.

My writings:

Left to Die: Stranded in Space

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53487

Sure, I'll contact you in person.

I have no writing history, but maybe these will inspire:

"Population surge: More Explosions Everywhere!"

"Citizens complain bridges lead to nowhere"

"Wanted: Air Traffic Controllers" sub header: "Landing on highways to be prohibited?"

"RoveMax M3 a menace on the road!" "Kerbal Motion LCC denies responsibility for flattened cars"

lol great ideas.. Except.. bridges lead to nowhere? I think most of the roads in general lead to nowhere xD

Just going to leave my old KSP parody box designs here.

They probably got lost in the original thread anyways.

-snip- -snip- -snip-

Someone definitely has to make a game store.

• 8 months later...

Hmm i should make some airplanes , helicopters , vtols , etc . I maked one plane to transport kerbals to city xI0NgAy.png this one is Bae 146 replica called "Kae 146" but still in beta aand i can make else helicopters , vtols like bell 609:BA609-Tiltrotor.jpg ,etc. And i make bell 430 :File:Elite-bht430-N901RL-060516-17.jpg and fur fun i am now in serbia :D

If we're going with new planes and such for the city, here's my contribution:

Xxxn9Jq.png

ohpJbWM.png

The Albatross V4 and Albatross V4-E are designed for the sole purpose of being really big passenger jets. Crew capacities are 168 and 189, respectively.

They've already made some visits to Kerbin City, too! (this is an earlier model, V3 I think)

WlU7crA.png

I'm considering opening an aerospace company here on the forums, if anyone's interested then shoot me a PM.

Edited by OrbitusII

- - - Updated - - -

If we're going with new planes and such for the city, here's my contribution:

http://i.imgur.com/Xxxn9Jq.png

http://i.imgur.com/ohpJbWM.png

The Albatross V4 and Albatross V4-E are designed for the sole purpose of being really big passenger jets. Crew capacities are 168 and 189, respectively.

They've already made some visits to Kerbin City, too! (this is an earlier model, V3 I think)

http://i.imgur.com/WlU7crA.png

I'm considering opening an aerospace company here on the forums, if anyone's interested then shoot me a PM.

quite cool but big

Is writing taken up yet? I'll show some of my work soon, when I find it...

I don't think the people who were on that project originally are filling those positions anymore, Kerbin City has kind of fallen into disrepair since Kerbtown stopped getting updated (although it seems to work in 0.24). I guess if you can show that you have stuff that can be used you can have that position. :)

quite cool but big

Well, they are international passenger jets based off of the 747, at least in part. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.