Minimus Traverser MK I

1EZC7ZL.png

Hello! I am Professor Endwalker and this is my newest satellite! I encourage that you read on to see the specs, and a full mission as well!

So this is the Minimus Traverser MK I, a minimalistic landing probe that is meant for Minimus! But if you ever make any changes to your copy that I should know about, post a picture and a description of the new specs!

Anyway, the Minimus Traverser MK I has a Solid Fuel launch stage, quadruple Liquid Fuel Engines, a Nuclear Transfer Stage, and a small landing engine.

rIYF8F2.jpg

Launch! It is a very visually stunning piece, and very efficient!

7MzQ9LK.jpg

au2qgNz.png

I started my gravity turn at 10,000 meters, and tipped over to 45º at about 14,000 meters, and continued burning until I had a 90,000 meter Apiopsis

MhwwD3f.png

I set up a Maneuver Node, burnt, and ditched the Sub-Orbital Stage and started up the Nuclear Transfer Stage.

kL0WLlo.png

ZLN5Wl8.png

9D49EdS.png

After I had an orbit, I set up another Maneuver Node and brunt, reaching the trajectory. NOTE: I would suggest that once you have the desired trajectory, that you open a few 1x6 Photovoltaic Panels, as you can run out of electric charge on the way to Minimus.

G9YbKPV.png

pGHAXCE.png

IkIJq2i.png

I time warped until I was in Minimus' SOI, and set up a Maneuver Node to capture myself, and setting the Periapsis to 35,000 meters. I burnt retrograde and adjusted the inclination of the orbit, along with the circularization burn.

0MGaH6n.png

ygSfGzy.png

tvw2KA4.png

I burnt retrograde until I had the desired Sub-Orbital trajectory, and much like my Dres landing probe, I periodically burnt upwards to slow myself.

IOO9mYA.png

KA5xBoO.jpg

NwkzEtF.jpg

I deployed the landing legs, slowed myself, and landed! Thank you for viewing this post, and I will see you when I see you! :D

8RmlZ0P.jpg

lTndhNj.jpg

gdGyuZW.png

Ship Download:

http://www./?1co076b27e85btc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.