Re-Design the Wheel

Awesome stuff guys! I will update your scores.

Just for clarification, the top speed is before your wheel is damaged in any way. If something breaks off, even if the wheel still rolls, then the top speed will only count before that point.

I will ad this in the OP.

Improved design. 64.1 m/s. Then it went to hills, slowed down and ran out of fuel.

The explosion at the beginning is decoupling the wheel from the pod. I used decouplers because docking ports kept sticking back together.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Here's one of earlier variants running on water:

1FLyRwX.jpg

Edited by Kasuha

I made this a few versions back... No idea what the top speed was nor do I have the craft file. So that remains undetermined.

*Snip*

Cool wheel however you do seem to be using wheels as a part of your wheel...

Get a top speed on it without the wheels and I will stick you on the leaderboards. :D

Here's one of earlier variants running on water:

*Snip*

Haha, Looking awesome! I see a new form of water fairing craft in the future. :)

Edited by Highlad

Looks like Kasuha's got a leg up on me now. C'mon, I wanted to reveal the wheel's performance in water! I was to be the first to surpass 50 (though i guess he can still be the first past 60). And my test actually took place (probably) before his, I just had no time to post the screenies...

well...

with that aside...

here they are...

qtlqaKB.jpg

uavg8KS.jpg

sQabYlX.jpg

• 1 month later...

All SAS with a top speed of ~25m/s. Big, bulky, can't be turned, and has a tendency to drop its probe core and spin out of control. In other words, perfect.

This is the album of photos. Top speed shot should be first in the list.

EDIT: Image 5 has a speed of 26m/s, but it was kinda out of control and thus (probably) doesn't qualify.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.