[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

AFAIK I have the latest versions. I`ll check again. If things are supposed to work I`ll reinstall MJ Scansat and RPM and see if that helps.

MechJeb had a full version release and they changed the version number. It's not supposed to work, I'm afraid.

I'll have to publish 0.15 early, it seems, before most of the 0.23.5 features are correctly supported, but in the meantime, use this build of MJ: http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/210/

That's the last one that still had the 2.1 version number.

EDIT: The development build of RPM is now compiled against MechJeb 2.2 (and higher) and will require it. So will 0.15 when I can sit down (hopefully tomorrow) and see if there's anything stopping me from just publishing it as it is.

Edited by Mihara

MechJeb had a full version release and they changed the version number. It's not supposed to work, I'm afraid.

I'll have to publish 0.15 early, it seems, before most of the 0.23.5 features are correctly supported, but in the meantime, use this build of MJ: http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/210/

That's the last one that still had the 2.1 version number.

EDIT: The development build of RPM is now compiled against MechJeb 2.2 (and higher) and will require it. So will 0.15 when I can sit down (hopefully tomorrow) and see if there's anything stopping me from just publishing it as it is.

Guess I'll download the 0.15 dev download then until 0.15 is officially released. Don't know why I not did this earlier :D

Guess I'll download the 0.15 dev download then until 0.15 is officially released. Don't know why I not did this earlier :D

Well... There are still a few things in it that are seriously not done yet and need to be, before I say "Yes, all 0.23.5 features are supported", I was hoping to delay the release at least until they were. :)

1. You can disengage the claw from the undocking menu (just coded that) but you can't arm it or disarm it or turn on free pivot, you have to go out of IVA for that.
  2. The camera on the claw is embedded inside the claw. This needs some annoying hacking to fix, so I've been putting it off. EDIT: I figured out a simpler way. Still very much a hack and will stop working with a non-stock claw, but I'll burn that bridge when I see a non-stock claw.
  3. There are no variables to display data about asteroids yet.

I've been horribly behind on RPM for the past couple of months...

Edited by Mihara

Well... There are still a few things in it that are seriously not done yet and need to be, before I say "Yes, all 0.23.5 features are supported", I was hoping to delay the release at least until they were. :)

1. You can disengage the claw from the undocking menu (just coded that) but you can't arm it or disarm it or turn on free pivot, you have to go out of IVA for that.
  2. The camera on the claw is embedded inside the claw. This needs some annoying hacking to fix, so I've been putting it off.

Well life happens I guess :D

But good you are working on it again :)

Oh, cool. Well at least I have fresh mods now ;)

i`ll get the dev version.

Thank you

EDIT : Having trouble finding it. How would I go about getting it?

It's just linked once in this thread (mainly because it's not entirely complete yet) but here:

Yes, it's because of the 23.5 change. Grab the latest dev build of RPM - it should be compiled against KSP 0.23.5.

Is it possible to turn off the HUD like we see in the Mk 1 cockpit? And have it displayed on one of the MFDs instead? Because I've found it to be slightly intrusive in terms of seeing forward... Also, I noticed in the bottom right corner of the HUD, it said "trim" is there a way to actually use that?

2. The camera on the claw is embedded inside the claw. This needs some annoying hacking to fix, so I've been putting it off. EDIT: I figured out a simpler way. Still very much a hack and will stop working with a non-stock claw, but I'll burn that bridge when I see a non-stock claw.

Dev version is working fine for me. I`ve yet to put a claw onto a craft so the `missing features` are not ones I`m using.

Just did a full Mun mission IVA. Very satisfying.

Anyone know if there is a way to go straight from IVA to EVA? (sorry if this is widely known)

You obviously don't post long posts, then. I'm getting internal errors whenever I attempt to post my usual changelog post about the new release. :)

Oh. (10 char)

(Post made short for ironic purposes)

You obviously don't post long posts, then. I'm getting internal errors whenever I attempt to post my usual changelog post about the new release. :)

It's not just you, Trigger Au had a similar problem while trying to do a release as well recently. "BTW, I cant edit the title of the thread at the moment to indicate 2.7.3.0 - the forum throws a 500 error" from his post . No idea how he got it fixed, but it is fixed now. sorry I can't be more help.

Edited by smurphy34

...is this bloody forum working?...

...because it dies on me when I attempt to edit the OP. Or post the changelog at the end of the thread.

Oh well, I'll wait for it to get fixed, meanwhile, you want https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases/tag/v0.15

Eeeeeee! Looking forward to starting up KSP tomorrow! Quick question: is this expected to break Hyomoto's MFDs and/or Vessel View?

Yep, the forums stopped choking. So bump for release:

RasterPropMonitor v0.15

Known issues in this version

• There is still no way to arm and disarm the grappling claw from IVA, even though you can release it from the targeting menu just like a docking port. There will be in the future, but in the meantime you can use action group buttons.

Bugs fixed

• Variables that have been deprecated and undocumented since version 0.10 have been completely removed.
  • TARGETDISTANCEZ would be negative if the target was in front of the ship and positive if it was behind. The sign on that was flipped to get it to make more sense.
  • LONGITUDETGT actually returned latitude.
  • Looping alarm sounds did not actually work.
  • STAGEREADY accounts for manual stage locking/disabling.
  • JSIActionGroupSwitch's "stage" feature likewise checks to see if staging is locked.
  • Fixed a bug where showing JSIOrbitalDisplay and JSIHUD at the same time would show incorrect colors for the HUD textures.
  • Fixed a bug where the prograde icon in the JSIHeadsUpDisplay pitch ladder was drawn upside down.
  • Fixed a bug where the prograde icons in JSIHUD were invisible if drawn on a transparent prop (like a HUD).
  • Time formatter now observes the KERBIN_TIME system settings. If the system says your day is 6 hours long and year is 426 days long, so will your monitors. For your convenience, a variable named ISONKERBINTIME will return 1 if the game is set to use Kerbin time.
  • Courtesy of angavrilov, closest approach calculations now correctly work with landed vessels.
  • Courtesy of angavrilov, SCANsatRPM now correctly plots post-node trajectory.

New features

• The new grappling claws had cameras installed in them, available just as docking port cameras are, and are otherwise supported in the targeting menu. ISCLAWREFERENCE variable tells you if the current reference point is a claw, ISREMOTEREFERENCE tells you if the current reference port is not a pod.
  • Claws can be disengaged from the targeting menu just like docking ports.
  • The Target Menu can now select asteroids that are being tracked under the Space Objects menu item.
  • The needsElectricCharge option in JSIActionGroupSwitch is now applicable to all actions.
  • A new option in handler configuration now lets you write background and page handlers which are aware of each other.
  • textOverlay option in page definition can now overlay a static text print over other sources of text, like a page handler, allowing you to make button hints on screen with text.
  • By popular request, you can now disable taking the screenshots of individual monitors by setting doScreenshots option in their configuration to false.
  • By popular request, most of the informational logging can be turned off.
  • JSIVariableAnimator can now also scale props.
  • JSIExternalCameraSelector has a configuration option that disables the light cone automatically turning on when it's picked up.
  • JSIOrbitDisplay now makes better decisions on what to display, making it more useful.
  • JSIOrbitDisplay will now draw the orbits and positions of all celestial bodies orbiting the body that the vessel is orbiting (for instance, the Mun and Minmus when the ship orbits Kerbin).
  • JSISteerableCamera supports multiple cameras (selected with the new nextCamera and prevCamera config parameters). JSISteerableCamera now also has a seekHome config parameter. When the button associated with this parameter is pressed, the currently-displayed camera returns to its initial position (pitch and yaw are set to 0).
  • MechJebRPM new buttons: Force Roll 0, Force Roll +90, Force Roll 180, and Force Roll -90. Landing Guidance (Land at Target / Land Somewhere) and Docking Autopilot are both in the MJRPM page handler. A Rendezvous Autopilot button exists, but it requires a MechJeb update to function.
  • JSIHeadsUpDisplay now displays a prograde icon on the heading bar and the pitch ladder to represent slip and angle-of-attack.
  • Stage locking can now be done using RPM with JSIInternalRPMButtons.ButtonStageLock().
  • And the speed display mode (ORB / SRF / TGT) can be changed with JSIInternalRPMButtons.ButtonSpeedMode().
  • The prograde icon in the JSIHeadsUpDisplay heading strip can be suppressed with showHeadingBarPrograde = false.
  • Added NEXTAPSIS, TIMETONEXTAPSIS, and NEXTAPSISTYPE variables.
  • Added JSIOdometer, which emulates a mechanical odometer to display numerical values in either raw numeric format (8 digits + sign), SI format (3.3 precision plus an SI prefix), or HHH:MM:SS time format.

Eeeeeee! Looking forward to starting up KSP tomorrow! Quick question: is this expected to break Hyomoto's MFDs and/or Vessel View?

If VesselView links directly to RPM's dll (I believe it doesn't) then yes, it will break. Otherwise no. Since the idea of the RPM plugin API was that nothing should require to hardlink RPM to interface with it, if the people who use it followed this guideline, their plugins should remain future-proof. :)

Hyomoto's MFDs are configuration files and no config-file-breaking changes were introduced in this version -- I'm generally very careful about that, I know how complicated they can get.

P.S. Hyomoto probably wants to rework them anyway, though, because the textOverlay feature was put in specifically withi his MFDs in mind.

Edited by Mihara

Yep, the forums stopped choking. So bump for release:

RasterPropMonitor v0.15

Known issues in this version

• There is still no way to arm and disarm the grappling claw from IVA, even though you can release it from the targeting menu just like a docking port. There will be in the future, but in the meantime you can use action group buttons.

Bugs fixed

• Variables that have been deprecated and undocumented since version 0.10 have been completely removed.
  • TARGETDISTANCEZ would be negative if the target was in front of the ship and positive if it was behind. The sign on that was flipped to get it to make more sense.
  • LONGITUDETGT actually returned latitude.
  • Looping alarm sounds did not actually work.
  • STAGEREADY accounts for manual stage locking/disabling.
  • JSIActionGroupSwitch's "stage" feature likewise checks to see if staging is locked.
  • Fixed a bug where showing JSIOrbitalDisplay and JSIHUD at the same time would show incorrect colors for the HUD textures.
  • Fixed a bug where the prograde icon in the JSIHeadsUpDisplay pitch ladder was drawn upside down.
  • Fixed a bug where the prograde icons in JSIHUD were invisible if drawn on a transparent prop (like a HUD).
  • Time formatter now observes the KERBIN_TIME system settings. If the system says your day is 6 hours long and year is 426 days long, so will your monitors. For your convenience, a variable named ISONKERBINTIME will return 1 if the game is set to use Kerbin time.
  • Courtesy of angavrilov, closest approach calculations now correctly work with landed vessels.
  • Courtesy of angavrilov, SCANsatRPM now correctly plots post-node trajectory.

New features

• The new grappling claws had cameras installed in them, available just as docking port cameras are, and are otherwise supported in the targeting menu. ISCLAWREFERENCE variable tells you if the current reference point is a claw, ISREMOTEREFERENCE tells you if the current reference port is not a pod.
  • Claws can be disengaged from the targeting menu just like docking ports.
  • The Target Menu can now select asteroids that are being tracked under the Space Objects menu item.
  • The needsElectricCharge option in JSIActionGroupSwitch is now applicable to all actions.
  • A new option in handler configuration now lets you write background and page handlers which are aware of each other.
  • textOverlay option in page definition can now overlay a static text print over other sources of text, like a page handler, allowing you to make button hints on screen with text.
  • By popular request, you can now disable taking the screenshots of individual monitors by setting doScreenshots option in their configuration to false.
  • By popular request, most of the informational logging can be turned off.
  • JSIVariableAnimator can now also scale props.
  • JSIExternalCameraSelector has a configuration option that disables the light cone automatically turning on when it's picked up.
  • JSIOrbitDisplay now makes better decisions on what to display, making it more useful.
  • JSIOrbitDisplay will now draw the orbits and positions of all celestial bodies orbiting the body that the vessel is orbiting (for instance, the Mun and Minmus when the ship orbits Kerbin).
  • JSISteerableCamera supports multiple cameras (selected with the new nextCamera and prevCamera config parameters). JSISteerableCamera now also has a seekHome config parameter. When the button associated with this parameter is pressed, the currently-displayed camera returns to its initial position (pitch and yaw are set to 0).
  • MechJebRPM new buttons: Force Roll 0, Force Roll +90, Force Roll 180, and Force Roll -90. Landing Guidance (Land at Target / Land Somewhere) and Docking Autopilot are both in the MJRPM page handler. A Rendezvous Autopilot button exists, but it requires a MechJeb update to function.
  • JSIHeadsUpDisplay now displays a prograde icon on the heading bar and the pitch ladder to represent slip and angle-of-attack.
  • Stage locking can now be done using RPM with JSIInternalRPMButtons.ButtonStageLock().
  • And the speed display mode (ORB / SRF / TGT) can be changed with JSIInternalRPMButtons.ButtonSpeedMode().
  • The prograde icon in the JSIHeadsUpDisplay heading strip can be suppressed with showHeadingBarPrograde = false.
  • Added NEXTAPSIS, TIMETONEXTAPSIS, and NEXTAPSISTYPE variables.
  • Added JSIOdometer, which emulates a mechanical odometer to display numerical values in either raw numeric format (8 digits + sign), SI format (3.3 precision plus an SI prefix), or HHH:MM:SS time format.

Yeah it's there wohoo :D

Recorded my first full IVA mun mission (IVA throughout except for using map) but I had trouble finding where to target the docking port on the other craft. I could find all my other craft in `vessels` except for the one I just staged from (that I now want to dock to). I ended up going out of IVA to target the docking port on the other craft. Could there be a special target menu for items closer than 250m?

I`m sure I am missing something obvious (probably that this feature already exists). I`m using the DEV version right now, I`ll update to 0.15 with a clean install of RPM and see if that helps me see what to do.

EDIT : I have found the filter which has let me turn `lander` and `debris` on, I`ll see if I can target the other craft now

Edited by John FX

Recorded my first full IVA mun mission (IVA throughout except for using map) but I had trouble finding where to target the docking port on the other craft. I could find all my other craft in `vessels` except for the one I just staged from (that I now want to dock to). I ended up going out of IVA to target the docking port on the other craft. Could there be a special target menu for items closer than 250m?

I`m sure I am missing something obvious (probably that this feature already exists). I`m using the DEV version right now, I`ll update to 0.15 with a clean install of RPM and see if that helps me see what to do.

In the target page, once you've selected the vessel you want to dock with, press Enter again and you can choose from the available docking ports there.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Your screens might look different, but it's the same actions.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

EDIT : I have found the filter which has let me turn `lander` and `debris` on, I`ll see if I can target the other craft now

The type of the craft you detach is determined by the cfg file of the command pod closest to root. Every pod sets a type, and depending on which pod you uses (and which pod turns out to be closest to the new vessel root part) the type will change. Try enabling everything.

If there's still a problem, there might be a bug we missed introduced by 0.23.5, but in that case switching between vessels with '[' and ']' will definitely allow you to continue your docking at least -- switching vessels resets IVA completely.