AVATAR Valkyrie shuttle 80% finished project giveaway!

iDan122

So this guy zany decided to give the files for his unfinished Valkyrie project:

wkuZ2vV.jpg-model

So those who want to finish this can apply here.

I want to give this into good hands so I want a reason why you want it, a promise that zany's name will be featured in some way

and that you will actually finish the project.

Link to original thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/26722-Valkyrie-SSTO-WIP?highlight=Valkyrie

seems like the original author pretty much did everything they had planned with it. I don't see anything else that could be done with it.

the docking port seems to be the only thing not working, and that would take all of 5 minutes to complete, or just use another docking port.

It looked pretty good to me too. It needs to have the rear ramp function though, not shown in the video. Plus, it's a bit small, isn't it? I mean, that was a pretty cavernous cargo hold in the movie. Even scaling it down to fit Kerbal proportions, I think that the cargo bay should be AT LEAST 5 meters wide, if not 7. Don't get me wrong, I'd download this right now, as-is, if I could. :)

In fact, if no one does take interest, iDan, could you at least PM me the files so I can play with it myself? Not to develop, you understand, just to fly as-is. If all it needs is better landing gear, the new B9 ones should be perfect for this, and their shielded docking port should work fine on top, if it comes to it.

Anyway, just a request. :)

In fact, if no one does take interest, iDan, could you at least PM me the files so I can play with it myself? Not to develop, you understand, just to fly as-is. If all it needs is better landing gear, the new B9 ones should be perfect for this, and their shielded docking port should work fine on top, if it comes to it.

Anyway, just a request. :)

To put B9 landing gear and release the shuttle you need B9's permission first to use their parts in your mod(even 1 part).

Sorry but I cannot give you the files just to fly it :(

Anyway guys those who are interested in finishing this project pm me and we will work it out.

To put B9 landing gear and release the shuttle you need B9's permission first to use their parts in your mod(even 1 part).

Sorry but I cannot give you the files just to fly it :(

Anyway guys those who are interested in finishing this project pm me and we will work it out.

Right... that's what I said, I wouldn't release it that way, I wouldn't even know how. :) I'm a player, not a modder.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask. And based on the massive amount of interest you're getting here (NOT!), it looks like I won't be flying this anytime soon. If ever. Bummer. :(

Omg Pleborian! Anyway once someone picks this up it will be 100% ready. But right now i took a space station module up with it and docked to it in another mission. It has a lot of delta v.

Wow, neato, you get to play with it and we don't, that's so AWESOME!!!

While you're at it, why don't you just give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

:(

Hmmm, I could take a look at the code for the docking port- it should be simple enough.

Also. Reason:

This is an amazing model, shuttle, and dosen't deserve to be wasted!

Read more, custom landing gear, texturing and hatches. Hatch I'm not sure. Texturing maybe, custom landing gear would take awhile for me.

Hmmm, I could take a look at the code for the docking port- it should be simple enough.

Also. Reason:

This is an amazing model, shuttle, and dosen't deserve to be wasted!

Read more, custom landing gear, texturing and hatches. Hatch I'm not sure. Texturing maybe, custom landing gear would take awhile for me.

Hmm, we could try asking Romfarer(or whoever made B9) to let use their landing gear.

That would be bac9 and Taverius.

So you're not releasing it because it doesn't have landing gear or docking ports? Why not just release it as is and say "you need different types of landing gear to make it work", and leave it at that? There's a couple great landing gear bits out and about. Modular Multiwheels, Firespitter, B9 Aerospace...

I want the files, I could pop them to a pal of mine and he could upload it once fully done to the spaceport. WITH correct ownership to the original owner of the files.

Edit: My pal is Devogen, he is a excellent modder and could help finish the Valkyire shuttle.

Edited by hydran101

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.