Please Help With Career Mode

Hello fellow Kerbal Commanders,

I am wondering if you would be willing to assist me with the new career mode. I am having problems getting the command module to unlock, and thus I cannot field any Kerbals into space. I have read that this is some kind of bug but have yet to see a detailed instructional on how to fix this bug. If someone that is aware of this fix could provide a detailed step by step I would deeply appreciate it. Thanks!

I am curious as to the exact problem. If the command pod is just not showing up in the Part list (And R&D building) you may need to edit the config file (Especially if you play with mods) to add it to the tech tree. Just put in the following code:

TechRequired = start
entryCost = 0

If it's not there already

The command pod does show up, but it says that it requires something before it can be unlocked. I cannot remember exactly what it says but even though it appears to be researched in the R&D building it will not let me use it when I actually go into the hangar. I do not have any mods installed.

Go to the R&D building, select the node the command pod is in, click the pod on the right side on your screen and 'purchase' it.

So I did this but it still says "Part model requires initial purchase in R&D" when i look at it in the assembly building and it will not allow me to select it. :(

Sounds like you need to check your game files (steam has an option for that, if you use steam), or you have some mod that messes it up.

Are you using the old Mechjeb? That replaced the command pods with it's own, and those aren't coded for the techtree

Thanks for all who responded but I found the fix. I had to completely remove KSP- literally physically delete every single file including all of my saved games then run a clean install from Steam. Fixing the cache hadnt worked and neither did simply uninstalling the program because it kept some of the files. Once I wiped everything down and reinstalled it worked like a charm. Somehow there were duplicate Mk1 command pods coming from somewhere. IDK, but now it works! Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.