The Apocalypse Challenge

Poryy

First : If some asteroids that are duna sized are heading to kerbin, would they most likely destroy the hole planet and the moons would be bombed with rocks, so is moonbases not allowed?

For this reason others persons ignore the space stations around Kerbin, and the Mün and Minus bases, and prepares the colonies in others SOI.

Part 1 - Duna One

The people who will lead the kerbals after the destruction of kerbin will be : Jebediah, Bob and Bill kerman.

All will live at Duna one which is the first base on duna.

The Duna one carries 7 kerbals, 2 rovers and 2 scientific instruments (mounted to the rovers)

I couldn't manage to take an pictures of the rocket on the launchpad due to that it was over 3000 parts (so it could reach duna as fast as possible)

That must be a new record!

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2vbn6e1.jpg

I will probably send more modules to that base later.

This looks like 19 points to me :)

I'm very interested in this ship, for my calculations that interplanetary ship needs a delta-v of 37km/s, at least more than 17.4Km/s to make the correct Ejection. At what heigh was the aerobraking to burn out the 19km/s of the ship when arrive Duna?

Could you share the craft file? because that ship need to be awesome. It is the fastest ship that I know.

I'm interested on all the steps between LKO in Kerbin and before to enter in Duna Atmosphere.

For this reason others persons ignore the space stations around Kerbin, and the Mün and Minus bases, and prepares the colonies in others SOI.

I'm very interested in this ship, for my calculations that interplanetary ship needs a delta-v of 37km/s, at least more than 17.4Km/s to make the correct Ejection. At what heigh was the aerobraking to burn out the 19km/s of the ship when arrive Duna?

Could you share the craft file? because that ship need to be awesome. It is the fastest ship that I know.

I'm interested on all the steps between LKO in Kerbin and before to enter in Duna Atmosphere.

I do not really remember which height the aeorobraking was, but i remember i used around 2000 units of fuel including like 100 parachutes.

I would love to share the craft file, but since it was so big i started lagging so much my computer didn't manage to save it, but i remember having something with 200 big orange fuel tanks, and atleast 40 mainsail engines. I can try recreating it if i ever get a better computer (right now i'm only having 4gb of ram but i managed to fly it by shutting down everything, even some important system things)

Edited by kola2DONO

Kola2DONO: First of all, the edit button's there for a reason. Use it ;-)

Second of all, your equations make my brain say "OH GOD WHY".

"63 times 2 is 126, 126 + 63 = 189 + 10 = 199, 199 + 198 = 397 points"

Yes, 63 times 2 is 126.

But 126 + 63 = 189 + 10 = 199, WHY? What you're saying is that 126 + 63 is the same as 189 + 10. It is not! Separate them into separate lines, like so:

63*2=126

126 + 63 = 189

189 + 10 = 199

199 + 198 = 397

Or even

(63*2) +126 + 63 + 10 + 198 = 397 points

I'm sorry for being a besserwisser, but it's starting to physically hurt. Hope I wasn't too mean :-)

Kola2DONO: First of all, the edit button's there for a reason. Use it ;-)

Second of all, your equations make my brain say "OH GOD WHY".

"63 times 2 is 126, 126 + 63 = 189 + 10 = 199, 199 + 198 = 397 points"

Yes, 63 times 2 is 126.

But 126 + 63 = 189 + 10 = 199, WHY? What you're saying is that 126 + 63 is the same as 189 + 10. It is not! Separate them into separate lines, like so:

63*2=126

126 + 63 = 189

189 + 10 = 199

199 + 198 = 397

Or even

(63*2) +126 + 63 + 10 + 198 = 397 points

I'm sorry for being a besserwisser, but it's starting to physically hurt. Hope I wasn't too mean :-)

Sorry i've been very tired today and yesterday i totally forgot about that, fixed it now :)

Hey guys, I've been doing a youtube series on this challenge.

Here's the latest video (where I actually do something productive)

I put a kethane drill on the mun

Always a good thing.

I'm sorry for not posting for a while. It's Christmas and everything is hectic to say the least. Anyway, I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy Kerbin Escape!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.