A one way mission

panzerknoef

The bird were just starting to wake up when the roaring of engines scared them all of. I will be telling you something about my Manned Eve/Gilly mission.

Ready for takeoff, the ascent stage is a solid piece of rockets and the total weight of the rocket now is somewhere over 600 tons

GbxYA8Th.png

a lot off time has passed since i last took a screenshot (mainly cuz i'm using mechjeb and I walk away during long burns) but here's an in flight one anyway

pm1Hfd6h.png

Some more time passed by and it was time for the crew to burn into orbit around Gilly ( I had already aerobraked around Eve before, but once more no pics.)

RROAaLlh.png

Some nice propaganda pics to send back to Kerbin, Keldin heads off to plant a flag on a hilltop. This flag is the third one one Gilly wich makes Gilly my most visited object outside of Kerbins SOI

DqbkkbSh.png

cNsDeIlh.png

Q2sWfcCh.png

After some more burning and S*** the three brave kerbonauts were finally descending to the surface of Eve, there permanent location, atleast untill I descide wether to get them back or not.

P1ZLr4Th.png

Touchdown, some more propaganda for back home! Lufred names there landing site Lufred Hill and places a flag to commemorate the event.

unWAyooh.png

Sigcan and Keldin take the rover for a spin, later to find out that its suspension seems to be made of sticks (the really dry ones that snap when you look at them)

FmK0yhrh.png

Both Kerbals survive (although a lot of quicksaves were used) and made it to the shore just around 5km away from there landing site. Sigcan gets off first, plants a flag and calls the place Sigcan bay.

SupQvUVh.png

Keldin descides to take a swim, becomming the first kerbal ever to swim on another planet!

Cq3FYIbh.png

Keldin is somewhat upset though because he doesn't have a place called after him yet, so they drive on to the next bay and Keldin names it ... Keldin Bay! At the same time Sigcan aswell descides to take a swimm in Eve's waters (no pics of that though)

zOlyMleh.png

A last shot, the kerbals will proceed with there rescearch and will likely find a lot more things, maybe they will even get some supplies on day!

NZnA3bKh.png

Do i have to keep you guys up to date on this mission or not? Did you like it? please give your comments and be fair and square!

Edited by panzerknoef

Just in case somebody cares i've made a map of the region, i gave the oceans, lakes and seas some latin names, feel free to translate them cuz i gave them some semi-random names

Map:

rg4xcJZ.png

Edit: i do appologize for my spelling error: the map is supposed to say lufred hill not ludfred hill

Edited by panzerknoef

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.