Departure phase angles?

So after combing through Tonnes of videos I found hocgaming explanation of whento leave kerbin for Duna and back. (Duna ahead about 75 degrees) is there a map somewhere like the delta v map that tells u where the other planets should be for optimal burns? Using engineer redoux I tried a couple different angles to get to Duna. But it seems like it might be slightly greater then 75 to Duna. (like 76 to 78?)

So far I've been to Duna manned and Eve with a probe. But would like to know when to leave kerbin to get to the other planets. Timing wise.

As for delta v. I find going to Duna I'm consistently about 12-1400 m/s burn. Does the altitude of your orbit around kerbin affect the values shown on the delta v map?

Edited by Turvok

Altitude does play a large part in it. The deeper you are in a planets Gravity wellthe more dV it is going to take to reach escape velocity. i.e it takes less dV to escape Kerbin SOI from Minmus than it does to escape from the Mun which is less still than LKO.

Altitude does play a large part in it. The deeper you are in a planets Gravity wellthe more dV it is going to take to reach escape velocity. i.e it takes less dV to escape Kerbin SOI from Minmus than it does to escape from the Mun which is less still than LKO.

It can often be better to do burns at LKO due to the oberth effect even if it's more delta-v on paper.

Thanks for the info guys. I never even thought to see if there was an android app for it. Gonna figure it out now. :) gonna switch it to answered

+1 for previous poster linking the map. It's exactly what I was looking for

Edited by Turvok

Here is a calculator for the next launch window for any given planet. And the departure angle.

Interactive illustrated interplanetary guide and calculator for KSP

http://ksp.olex.biz/

I use this one too :)

Thanks for the info guys. I never even thought to see if there was an android app for it. Gonna figure it out now. :) gonna switch it to answered

+1 for previous poster linking the map. It's exactly what I was looking for

Just open the website of ksp.olex.biz with ur smartphone..it shows everything I need even on my small display ;-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.