What Debris is around your Space Center?

MinerEdgar

I have bad OCD when it comes to debris on my save, and in some way I think it adds to frame frame issues as that parts are still counted. However I do have a probe around Kerbin called time keeper, it is used to advance the planets for me.

That small island off the coast of KSC with the runway is filled with debris. Every plane i build goes on a test run there, every lander makes a test land there, every missile launch system fires at that island, parachute drops, rovers, vehicles, everything is tested on that dang island!

That debris also creates more debris when i try to land a new plane and forget that the last 7 planes are still crashed on the runway...

I used to have a buttload of rovers, rover parts, upper stage failed tests, general shrapnel and unexploded bombs around my KSC and on the roofs of buildings. I also had a small museum of my favorite aircraft partially fueled parked on the grassy plains south of KSC, grouped close together. I started a new career save, and haven't rebuilt my museum (or debris field) yet.

The fiery fuselages of the many planes I have crashed while attempting to take to the skies... Jeb might love boosters, but even he shudders every time I approach the hangar.

And booster bay is pretty much a sea of rocket fuel and twisted metal.

I get rid of it all as best I can. You can recover every piece that falls back and that's what I do. Im using mission controller extender so im trying to actually properly recycle my spent stages.. doesn't seem to work though.

Edited by Motokid600

As lenient as I am about Kesslerizing my orbit, KSC stays clean. I hate debris around the space center. Not afraid to leave crafts around where they land if they're non-important ones, but debris gets blasted. In my opinion, there's nothing worse than that spent stage from your failed rocket mission laying in the middle of the runway to frag your spaceplane on takeoff. Or worse, on landing after grabbing precious Science from around Kerbin, waiting in the middle of the runway to destroy all of your precious experiments and kill your pilot.

Every so often I'll go to the ground control screen and clean out the neighborhood around KSC. I'm not a stickler about it but I do try to tidy it up every few weeks. Debris tends to only collect slowly since most of my designs only really fail a few thousand meters up, meaning that their parts stop rendering before hitting the ground.

Orbital debris I see as a badge of commitment. I would love to reach a Kessler Syndrome-like point, but I'm sure I'm still thousands of parts shy of ever even approaching that. The nearest miss of debris I've had still only came within about 2 kilometers.

My favorite debris are the stages and parts that get flung off into interplanetary space from Mun-shots and other missions, watching them make close passes of such-and-such body only to go careening off to a lonely afterlife.

If we're talking realistically, there is a huge debris landfill on the launchpad. Disposable rockets ftw

However, physically, there is no debris. Framerate, and the fact that I never EVER have launchpad accidents on accident, excluding test runs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.