On-going mission: Mun Base

Biker Joe

So I sent another tri-module to the Mun...

The landing wasn't as successful as the other one

Tri-Modulenotagreatlanding_zpsce827a70.png

But I got it righted and collected by the muncrane, next task, docking it to the base!

Dockingsuccess_zpsb241542c.png

Successfully done, this is my setlement on the mun as of now, tunnel section are on their way!

Tri-modulesuccessfullydockedontomunbasealpha_zpsf77973e1.png

Well I had to change up the design of the tunnel section a bit to make them work but got there in the end!

It's starting to build up nicely!

MunBaseAlphaearlystages_zps48034226.png

It's on a pretty big deposit of Kethane so my next plan is to build and send up a mobile drilling rig, a refinery and storage tanks!

After the success I had the last day I was in a good mood and thinking of al the things I could do/build/send to the mun!

I decided to build a mobile Kethane mining machine...

Kethaneminingrigonitswaytothemun_zps8061aea9.png

KethaneMiningrig_zps7c398c31.png

The plan is to have 3/4 of these (if not more) on the mun and a central refinery located at the mun base with "trucks" bringing the kethane to the refinery and more "trucks" to carry the refined fuel to silos...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally after many problems I got built a Kethane Refinery and sent it to the Mun, here is is i action!

KethaneRefinerymkIII_zpsb8b5f2a0.png

Works perfectly, I'm gonna build another one just for monopropellant and Xenon Gas so I'll have all the bases covered, next step is to build a silo to store the fuel once its converted to store it for use later on!

• 2 weeks later...

So with the Kethane mining issue (problems) resolved I turned my attention back to building up the base and sent a tunnel section to the mun, landed it successfully only to figure out that with the new mun crane the clearances don't work out too good and I can't lift it into place!:mad:

Hour and a half of my life wasted!

:mad::mad::mad:

Tomorrows plan: edit the tunnel section and send it to the mun to make sure it works!

Edited by Biker Joe

With my kethane refinery now full I decided I should build a fuel truck as I said earlier, but first I need a place to put the fuel once refined!

so I made a fuel tank to transport to the Mun, not a great landing but I got it sorted!

Fueltanknotagreatlanding_zps0db217aa.png

It's not in position ready to be used!

FueltankconnectedtMunbaseAlpha_zpsae1f9852.png

I must say the base is coming along nicely now!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.