[WIP] Ascending Velocity - Do not go too fast on lift off!

Molybdene

Hi,

While working on my other plugin (Mass Relay), I searched for a plugin that will tell you if you are accelerating too slow (fighting gravity too much) or too hard (fighting air resistance), so I decided to try to find it on the forum, with no luck.

Sooo...

Let's do this ;)

I tried using real data of atmospheric pressure and altitude and drag and and...

Well I don't want to be dead precise, so a good approximation should be enough.

Ence, the fabulous trendline get from a terminal velocity table (for Kerbin - at first) that I get somewhere...

dzL6awz.jpg

And I will try adding something like a slider next to the throttle that will tell you if you are in the green zone, or too slow/too quick.

Tell me quickly if something like that already exists, I couldn't find it, but as a french I have trouble finding the correct search words ;)

Especially that it will be a part-free plugin. No risk of destroying your save file with unloaded ships if the plugin went missing.

Good news is I have a working plugin right now. (yeaaah, already).

Totally not user friendly, it's just a windows filled with debug data, but I have the info that I need. All I have to do now is making a pretty interface for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.