[TechTree] [0.23.5] Ackander's Vertical Tech Tree - Release v1.16 - May 13, 2014

Ackander

To balance grindyness and difficulty, how much science should Vertical TechTree cost?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. To balance grindyness and difficulty, how much science should Vertical TechTree cost?

• >23,000 = more science grinding, generally harder and more time consuming
    • 21,000-23,000
    • 19,000-21,000 - Stock TechTree costs 19,738 science
    • 17,000-19,000
    • <17,000 = less science grinding, generally easier and less time consuming

I haven't played in weeks but is science mode not like career mode but without the contracts/funds/reputation? Then there's sandbox mode which is just everything unlocked?

Exactly this. Squad call it 'science sandbox mode' and you get there by creating a new game, pick science instead of career.

• 1 month later...
I made a reply some days ago, I guess I did not submit it like I thought I did.

I have a few ideas of what I want to do with the tree, aside from completely re-do it. Either it is my tree, or TreeLoader itself, but one or the other gives me some form of problems when I play, namely the vessel recovery problem I mentioned somewhat above this post, with subsequent workaround that works for me just fine, and which nobody seems to have noticed. Anyway, I was hoping to wait until TreeLoader or KSP itself could handle bigger trees before tackling another round of TechTree modding.

Hi Ackander,

I was wondering if you have found a way to update the tech tree and if this mod will be continued eventually? Considering to use BTSM, but I dont really like how it doesnt integrate other mods. Your mod is much more appealing when wanting to add remote tech, more modules etc.

Would love if you updated it!

• 4 weeks later...

Time to bump this.

With the release of TechManager you're now able to play all the old tech trees as well as any new ones so I'm hoping this gets updated as I'm using it in a play-through now but so many nodes are empty or parts out of place. Still plays ok, albeit a little difficult, but a little tweaking would be very much appreciated if possible :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am messing around in the tree config files adding parts to the nodes you have already set for my personal campaign. Updating it in a way. If you(the mod authore) would like what ive done id be happy to give it to you maby save you some some work adding mods like the Umbra Space Industries mods and the ESLD jump beacons and deep freeze and a few more

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.