Mission Control database: Share your future planned missions!

gustomundo

Hey there! You got any plans for more, fun missions in KSP? Here, you can share them with other people. Show off what insane ideas you have, or show a bunch of photos of your blueprints. Whatever it is, feel free to share how your space program is planning to explore space!

Not necessarily a mission plan, but I've had an idea here at work that I'm going to test and hopefully implement once I get home:

Space pallets!

Essentially it'll be a modular girder segment with docking ports on either end that will allow me to attach small items to it (i.e. rcs tanks, batteries, RTGs, KAS boxes, TAC life support supplies, etc). What I hope to do with this is have a modular system that allows me to upgrade or resupply any craft as needed. For instance, my COMSATs in Kerbo-stationary orbit are somewhat lacking in antennas (I use remotetech as well). Since I was thoughtful enough to include a docking port on that particular model of COMSAT, I'll be able to stuff a couple of these 'pallets' in my Space Shuttle replica, put some antennas and an RTG on each one, fly it up to them, dock them on the COMSATs (working on how to do this), and presto! My COMSATs are now block-2 upgraded.

Single-launch bases:

Basically, I am planning to take current small spacecraft originally designed to ferry crew members, and re-purpose as modular base parts. This means that instead of shipping custom made and large modules to the Mun or Minmus with large tugs, I can just use small vehicles that can dock together to quickly establish a base. And since each ship is re-usable and has its own power, they can disperse when the base needs to either be re-located or disassembled. Similar to the MarsOne program by SpaceX.

I'm Planning something like this:

... Space pallets! ...

:D

My idea though is to support the career mode more! I'm thinking of making the Clamp-O-Tron jr. docking port one of the very first available items in the tech tree, to enable the upgrading of satellites, bases, spacestations and so on. This will be very valuable as I'm also using remotetech!

Also i have plans to (in Whackjovian style) assemble 10+ Kerbal Resorts on ALL planets in KSP Except Jool of course ;) .

Tylo Expedition and Laythe Base Resupply

Time: .23

Ships: 3-5

Crew: Laythe Station inhabitants

Lead ship: UISS Horizon Comet

Deccription:

This mission will involve sending a new rover, plane, and Jet fuel station to Laythe Base. After that, the Space Station crew will board a ship, pick up equipment and then transfer to Tylo. There, two landings will be made, one at the [CLASSIFED] and another at the North Pole (is there anyone who has been there?).

Gaarrrgh!! I have so many plans but I can't play KSP because my laptop's been acting up for the last month!

After I finished my grand tour I was planning to build an Eeloo base and station (I've gotten a taste for ambitious missions lately) and perhaps revisit Eve with some new prototypes to see if I can make ascent less of a chore. But for now I'm stuck surfing the forums until I can get my laptop back up to speed.

Colonization of Eeloo:

My plan is to make a base on Eeloo that can mine Kethane and send it to orbit with a transporter. Around Eeloo there would be an Orbital Assembly Station capable of producing liquidfuel, oxidizer, mono propellant and xenon gas and recieve kethane to make Rocketparts. From there I could build anything I want. I will not rely on Kerbin to build stuff anymore since my base and station will create everything I need.

I launched a ship that I assembled around Kerbin that can warp and transport one part of the station (spacedock and containers for the Rocketparts), the lander which can carry a probe (with kethane scanner).

Right now, everything is in orbit around Eeloo and awaiting for the the kethane scanner to map Eeloo and find Kethane on the ground.

I still have a long way before the mission is done but is quite fun.

Since I just deorbited my entire satelite network (RT2) in my career save, I want to re-establish a proper one. 4 keostats 25° apart (I finally learned how to do a proper circular orbit), complemented with 4x2 semi-synchronous Molniya sats.

After that I will probably be hungry for more Science, so i'll send out an interplanetary probe (since I have visited most of the Mun Biomes).

Operation KRAFTS (Kragian Relay and Fuel Transfer)

As soon as .23 comes out, i intend to develop a system of communication satellites (remote tech) and fueling stations (Kethane) as a "highway" system to Sentar and the rest of the Kragian System. This will be done with a new savegame and the following mods:

Krag Planet Factory (of course)

Kethane

Strut Reinforcement

Remote Tech

Novapunch

Mechjeb (blacklisted)

Cty Lights and Clouds (of course)

BolderCo RAM enhancer

Quantum Struts

Crew Manifest

Docking Cam

...i may toy around with IP launch pads, but may have to update part files to put them in the right places in the tree...not sure if it is .22 career compatible yet...

That should keep me busy till .24 (or even .30)

Edited by jduchock

Current missions are a little up in the air as I'm busy writing up the reports from previous missions, and as I'm eagerly anticipating the release of .23 (aren't we all?) But the next launches on my agenda are:

Surveyor 3 - probe landing somewhere in the Munar midlands (if I can drop it into one of the Midland craters I'd be happy).

Surveyor 4 - probe landing on Minmus.

Anaid 1 - test of a new medium launch vehicle and first use of the Mk1-2 Command Pod I recently unlocked.

Anaid 2 - Munar orbit mission.

Venturer 5 - Eve orbital probe.

Further missions will wait until I've had a chance to examine the goodies from .23.

Ohhh so many. Lets see...

Project Daedalus-Icarus. Launch two ion probes, send one on a trajectory out past Eeloo while the other picks up a sun-skimming trajectory (I'll let you work out which is which on your own :D) . Purpose is to gather solar intensity data at different altitudes. Launched last night but it's too early to get any meaningful data.

Project Goodfellas.

Send three Kerman into orbit for an extended period. Purpose is to test the recyclers in the TAC life support mod, find out if the still function even when not under primary control as well as gathering data on decay rates for air and water supplies to compare with mathematical model prediction... also gather footage of test subjects for use in a reality TV drama ;)

Project Redplanet

FINALY send a manned mission to Duna... Just one of those things I never got around to doing.

And the big one...

Project Gossimer's Flight.

Send three Kermans on a tour of the Korbin system in a 10 ion-powered solar jammer

Pretty tame, but I'm doing a Gemini Mun landing mission. Jeb and Bob are going to do a flyby first to make sure everything works and pick some potential landing spots.

Then it'll be probes I think, to the closer planets, and a landing on Minmus.

I'm doing the opposite of TheBedla, I built a fueling station around Eve but now I think I need to get some good science out of the Mun since I haven't really explored it's biomes. I built a probe/manned pod combo which basically works as follows; the lander grabs a probe from the lead ship, brings it to the surface where it can conduct science, and the pilot can take a crew report, two EVA reports and a surface sample. The lander then returns to orbit, meets up with the lead ship and does it for another crater. The mission is to visit three of the large near-equatorial craters on the Mun and retrieve sweet, sweet science which will then be returned to Kerbin. However, the first mission it turned out I installed the probes backwards and it had to be cancelled. I rebuilt the launch stage for the rocket (simplicity!).

2013-12-05_00003_zps828d2b6a.jpg~original

If you look at the top, at the three science pods sticking out of the side, you can see that the legs are facing the docking port ... and the braking engines. So yeah ... didn't notice that until I'd gotten TO the Mun and after deciding whether or not I could still make it I decided to simply return to Kerbin and try again.

Recreation of the ESA Rosetta mission, using Gilly as a substitute comet (would love real comets in game btw). Philae lander is complete, working on the Rosetta craft... It has some issues with CoM and CoT.

Try and design a rocket that has enough delta v (around 20k, including landing, is my estimate) to land a probe on the Mun

You won't need anything like that much. 4.5k gets you to LKO, 850 for the transfer, 250 for the insertion burn and then 700 or so for your landing. All figures approximate but in the ballpark. Landing sites far from your orbital plane will need some more delta V for the plane change.

You won't need anything like that much. 4.5k gets you to LKO, 850 for the transfer, 250 for the insertion burn and then 700 or so for your landing. All figures approximate but in the ballpark. Landing sites far from your orbital plane will need some more delta V for the plane change.

I use RSS. I need around 10k to get to orbit, and the Mun's at an inclination of 23 degrees (iirc). It's hard! :confused:

I want to standardize my space program, make it some what reusable. Instead of a new rocket and capsule for every launch/missions I want to develop more of a multipurpose ship or two, and use those for pretty much everything. I want it to be a spaceplane type thing ( not an SSTO, i can not build one of those).

So the mission is to develop a ship, a launcher for the ship, and get that ship to a 100km Orbit.

Just started in my save: Operation Dunarmada. A small armada of manned and unmanned vessels headed for Duna.

1: a lander with rover attached. Crewmembers are Jeb, Bob and Bill.

2: unmanned rover destined to land on one of the poles.

3: small SSTO plane with Hansted Kerman as pilot.

4: ship with extra fuel-tank

There's probably enough fuel in this operation to expand the mission to Ike and perhaps even Dres. The Jool System could be a one-way destination.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.