Decided to make my first topic here

Kinkajou

Hello everybody, I\'m Kinkajou. I\'ve been playing KSP since January 5th, 2012 when I first noticed it. So far most of my launches are either go really high and then land/crash, or they are go 1km up then explode.

However today I achieved a stable orbit. I had gotten into an orbit last night, however it was unstable and deteriorated after the first pass, also my cat flopped on my keyboard and jettisoned my RCS shortly after the orbit was confirmed, so thankfully it was unstable. I\'ve been fiddling with my crafts and finally got into space and have so far been there for over 6 game hours (10x time warp). I\'m unsure if the Kermin brothers will be able to return home as I have less than 25% of my fuel left for my last engine, but I thought I would share the stats of my orbit with you fine folks:

Periapsis: 106,847 m

Apoapsis: 165,878 m

Velocity at Pe: 2279.22 m/s

Velocity at Ap: 2103.55 m/s

Eccentricity: 0.04

Orbital Period: 35 minutes, 13.01 seconds

And for the curious, the unstable orbit, my Periapsis was at around 60km, I was just hoping to have more than one pass at the planet.

Hello everybody, I\'m Kinkajou. I\'ve been playing KSP since January 5th, 2012 when I first noticed it. So far most of my launches are either go really high and then land/crash, or they are go 1km up then explode.

However today I achieved a stable orbit. I had gotten into an orbit last night, however it was unstable and deteriorated after the first pass, also my cat flopped on my keyboard and jettisoned my RCS shortly after the orbit was confirmed, so thankfully it was unstable. I\'ve been fiddling with my crafts and finally got into space and have so far been there for over 6 game hours (10x time warp). I\'m unsure if the Kermin brothers will be able to return home as I have less than 25% of my fuel left for my last engine, but I thought I would share the stats of my orbit with you fine folks:

Periapsis: 106,847 m

Apoapsis: 165,878 m

Velocity at Pe: 2279.22 m/s

Velocity at Ap: 2103.55 m/s

Eccentricity: 0.04

Orbital Period: 35 minutes, 13.01 seconds

And for the curious, the unstable orbit, my Periapsis was at around 60km, I was just hoping to have more than one pass at the planet.

If you have a parachute you should be fine.

If not then you WILL fail landing on kerbal.

Oh, yeah.

Welcome to the Kerbal forums.

Enjoy your well foruming!