Fastest rocket to island nearby

This challenge has ended

The winner is Jasonbail with time 1 min 32 s.

Congratulations!

There is an island nearby KSC. Distance is 31,6 km and heading is about 118 degrees. On that island is air base with air strip.

Your mission is to build a ship, fly to that island and land to that grey/brown airstrip. Fastest pilot is a winner!

Restrictions: no aerodynamic parts, no jet engines, stock only. Must have atleast one kerbal onboard. Kerbal and your ship must survive from landing.

No degub console/mode.

Staging, parachutes, everything goes.

Take a screenshot when you have landed and your speed is 0 m/s. Show your picture here.

This challenge is started 9th December 2013 and shall end 1st January 2014. I try to refresh the leaders list everyday.

The winner will be a winner ... what else?

Good luck!

Here is example picture (bad landing, but ship and kerbal survived):

axb3.png

LEADERS:

1. Jasonbail............................................1 min 32 s

2. voneiden............................................1 min 45 s

3. Haprdon.............................................1 min 50 s

4. 700NitroXpress ...................................1 min 53 s

5. agentKmurph......................................1 min 54 s

6. Kasuha..............................................2 min 06 s

7. GuzWaatensen.....................................2 min 35 s

Edited by totalitor

Although it's not written clearly I believe SSTI (single stage to island) is assumed, otherwise the clause about not breaking anything does not make sense if all you'd need to land would be a pod and a chute. At least I don't see parachutes being forbidden by rules.

Island launcher away. Time 1:18

I didn't know such little fuel could suffice...

Edit: oh I see. Infinite fuel apparently also falls under "everything goes". Not my style, though.

Incredible. First I thought that with parachutes it would be too slow but I guess i was wrong.

I don't know how others but I opened the drogue about at the tower height and the main chute about 1 m above ground. That definitely doesn't take long to get through. It's almost on the edge of what staging delay allows you. But it was also enough to get me from 200+ m/s to survivable speed.

Edited by Kasuha

Debug menu with all its options is part of stock game. So if you wanted to prevent people using debug menu and functions it offers, you should have declared it in rules. There's plenty of examples how a good challenge should look like. All it takes is to look around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.