Fastest Stock Jet Under 1000m Challenge

josea74

This is a challenge to see who can get the fastest speed with a STOCK JET PLANE.

My plane will soon be uploaded to the spaceport since im the biggest stock aircraft exporter on there. I will then provide a link to it after this challenge is over. I think i created the fastest plane ever under 1000m that goes OVER 440m/s It will serve as the reward to all who participated in this challenge and people who like fast craft.

Now Get your thinking caps on and start building and flying and create the true FASTEST STOCK LOW ALTITUDE JET PLANE!!!

RULES:

Dont steal ideas

Build it from scratch

Have fun and experience PURE SPEED

After you made the craft/tested provide a picture with proof of speed. If you can't provide a picture upload it to the spaceport so it can be tested for its speed or just say it and it might be understandable and alsoprovide f3 log

SPEED MUST BE! achieved UNDER 1000m which is a pretty low altitude

NO CHEATING AND NO MODS

must be completely stock

Leaderboards (scores will take time to be updated) CHALLENGE STATUS: Still going

Numerobis 373 m/s 2nd

WhatShtisthis 247 m/s 6th

Kasuha 214 m/s 7th

Haprdon 373 m/s 2nd

Hodo 309 m/s 5th

Iluinrandir 390 m/s 1st

zorque 337 m/s 3rd

GraviTykillz 318 m/s 3th

Edited by josea74

Javascript is disabled. View full album

373 m/s.

7 turbojets, 1 radial scoop. I think I should have packed more fuel to get another couple m/s.

At these speeds the basic jet is probably actually better.

[edit: actually, seems just barely not, I only get about 360 m/s that way.]

[edit2: if I could reliably fly 100m higher, I could power another turbojet off that single scoop. But KSP's stick feels like the steering on a Dodge -- does nothing, does nothing, oh my god I'm flipping around.]

Edited by numerobis

I don't think I did this correctly, but I got pretty darn fast with this... thing. Its hideous, but at the same time, it looks pretty darn cool. :D

I call her, "The Speed Demon".

A5Hkf#0

She didn't stay underneath 1000m, although, resting happily around 4000-ish, she flew up to 360's-370's.

Very happy about her performance, being that she was only airborn for 4 minutes. Lol

Hoping I didn't screw up too bad. The reason its says 380 something mps on the flight results is because I spun out of control at the end, and started hopelessly plummeting towards Kerbin. So I got some speed then. My final speed around 3000 meters held up through 4000, which was about 360-370. :)

[Edit #1] How do you make your pictures come up in a gallery format? Im a noob here on the forums.

Edited by TomFallion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.