The Music Thread

Maggarg

Well, uh, it\'s a thread about music.

Essentially, feel free to discuss music, post youtube videos and talk about your own aspirations (if you have any) but please keep it civil. No making fun of anyone\'s preferences, no slagging off artists or genres - you get the idea. It\'s perfectly possible to discuss and state your own opinions, negative or positive - as long as you remember that it\'s just your opinion - it\'s subjective, not objective.

Personally, I find music in general really enthuses me - it\'s a bit of an obsession really. I\'ve given a lot of things a listen over time, from harsh noise to twee pop and frankly there actually isn\'t a lot I dislike. I\'m one of those who really means it when they say I listen to anything from anywhere. That said, I\'m still a pretty dedicated metalhead - and I know some people view 'open minded music lover' and 'metalhead' as mutually exclusive, but really it ain\'t so. There is no inherent contradiction in loving the most extreme metal along with the most lightweight pop or ambient or whatever.

As to my musical ambitions I am a bassist, and I\'ve (finally) begun to learn theory and that kind of thang after playing covers for oh-so-long. But enough about me, y\'all have fun chatting about the latest releases and old classics and everything. have fun :D

Nicely done :D tbh I\'m generally into much more aggressive or plain experimental rap and hip-hop but you\'re definitely good at what you do, and it\'s very good-spirited of you to distribute your hard work for free.

Guest Flixxbeatz

Nicely done :D tbh I\'m generally into much more aggressive or plain experimental rap and hip-hop but you\'re definitely good at what you do, and it\'s very good-spirited of you to distribute your hard work for free.

Thanks man... Just something I\'ve thought of to contribute some in a dying community, and to help some aspiring recording artists out there :D

I distribute them for free, but the users must not profit from it - pretty much a win-win situation. :)

Here\'s what I\'m listening to right now -

- I normally wouldn\'t bother saying, but I noticed that this forum has some sensitive types. The song is by a band called Anaal Nathrakh, an extreme Blackened Death Metal/Grindcore group - that\'s probably the second warning, because they are, in fact, pretty goddamn extreme. Hopefully I\'m going to see them at Bloodstock Open Air festival this year.

My favorite band of all time is Led Zeppelin! Just recently though I have been listening to a lot of Budgie.

Also a rhythm guitarist in a band myself...

whoever can first find the band that HarvesteR played guitar in until a few years back gets a cookie!

I don\'t think anyone\'s going to guess...tell me! =P

EDIT: Wait! It\'s Vanquish!! ...right?

Wait! It\'s Vanquish!! ...right?

my oh my! - you got it! :thumbup:

i was starting to think nobody would be able to - but you did it :cheers:

you have been awarded the rights to a cookie! (real cookie not included) ;D

harvester left his post as the lead guitarrist when he moved to mexico - i continued on with the band and even performed some large gigs as the opening band for a moderately-famous brazillian metal band.... (more cookies to whoever finds what the name of band that was)

but, nope - it wasn\'t nearly as awesome as it might sound, believe me - it\'s mostly 14 smelly dudes stuffed in a van for countless hours with large and heavy gear taking up any remaining leg room - to play in venues that lack the most basic of hardware needed for a decent act.... all in the glorious company of adults that make a living out of acting like angsty teenagers...

sometimes we got free beer tho ::)

my favourite band is MetallicA - hands down... i also enjoy guns, iron, ozzy, zeppelin, etc... you know, the classics

harvester left his post as the lead guitarrist when he moved to mexico - i continued on with the band and even performed some large gigs as the opening band for a moderately-famous brazillian metal band.... (more cookies to whoever finds what the name of band that was)

You opened for Sepultura?

(if so that\'s fucking sweet)

Got a few cds in the post on saturday - Lou Reed\'s Berlin - which is ace, but the one I\'d really been waiting for is an obscure Appalachian folk album by two absolutely stellar musicians.

It\'s called Am I Born To Die (after the first line of an old Baptist hymn) by Mason Brown and Chipper Thompson, and by and large, it contains their versions of the folk music of the Appalachians, derived from Celtic folk tunes, Baptist hymns and influences from african music, brought over with the slaves. There are also a few traditional English folk songs - most notably the murder ballad Bruton Town. Anyway, it\'s absolutely amazing and criminally unknown - it\'s fairly cheap on Amazon since it\'s only about 13 years old and there have been a few production runs, and I\'d reccomend it to any fan of folk music.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.