The Music Thread

Maggarg

i wish....

no it wasn\'t THAT big.... i said it was a moderately-famous band - Sepultura is outright famous in comparison ::)

Hmm...the only Brazilian band I know at all is Charlie Brown Jr. Up until this day I thought Sepultura were from Spain.

As to myself, I play a little guitar and blues harp, and I can keep modest grooves going on several percussion instruments, including some rather basic beatboxing...

So I like to dick around with my loop station every now and then, but so far I haven\'t even produced any material worth recording. Just a couple of nice grooves, but nothing close to an actual song.

This guy is one of my heroes as far as live looping is concerned:

Apart from that, my music interests revolve mostly around 70\'s rock... Hendrix, Robin Trower, Rory Gallagher, and if you like blues rock and/or jam bands in general and have never heard the name 'Gov\'t Mule', you should definitely watch the next video.

They\'re one of the few bands whose live recordings are usually even better than their studio material, even in bad quality, like in the above video.

The singer and guitarist is called Warren Haynes and has been around the scene forever, mostly with the Allman Brothers Band. Matt Abts is an incredibly precise and powerful drummer and has played with the Black Crowes before.. All of them are excellent musicians, but those two are downright phenomenal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.