Debris: a modest propsal

I landed on the Mun the other day and I was greeted by wreckage of previous flights to the Mun. Now I know I simply can X out all the debris I leave behind. However, I thought of a more interesting idea. So staring at all this debris I suddenly was inspired by the movie Flight of the Phoenix, with Jimmy Stewart, not the remake. Anyways, I think it might be interesting if on certain low gravity worlds the Kerbals can re purpose the parts and either create new creations, or use the parts to repair damage done on landing. The only restriction would be how heavy the parts are and how much a Kerbal can lift, or tools brought in for that purpose ie a crane. Later on as resources become instituted perhaps a Station/ Base part could be used to melt down and recycle said parts or store them for transport to KSC for recycling.

Well, depending on how/if resource management gets implemented, debris could have a salvage value which could encourage recycling.

Using the scattered parts to add to your craft mid-mission is pretty interesting... the idea of a ship just piling up random bits, like a decorator crab or Katamari ship, is quite appealing...

=Smidge=

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.