How To Science, KSP 0.23 career mode series

Jimor

"How To Science" is a Let's Play series that's designed to show that it doesn't take complicated rockets and heroic missions to unlock all the Science in Kerbal Space Project's career mode (v 0.23). I'll be using a steady progression of rocket designs and knowledge of where best to discover science to lay out a program that any user could follow to get all the parts.

In Episode 1, I unlock 6 tech nodes with 5 simple sub-orbital missions, and set the plate for reaching orbit and beyond.

Episode 3, where I clean up some science points in near-Kerbin orbit, grab some high orbit points, and unlock some techs that set up future missions to Mun and Minmus. (At the beginning, I talk about going to Mun in this episode, but that didn't happen, instead that will be in Episode 4 coming out tomorrow.)

Episode 4 with flybys of Mun and Minmus is now posted. By harvesting science in high and near orbit of both moons, I unlock all of the 90 science tech nodes. Next up, some Mun landings to explore the various biomes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After busy holidays, a horrendous cold that made it impossible to talk without coughing up a lung for nearly a month, then other stuff, episode 5 is FINALLY posted! It's long again, but I decided to leave in a rough first attempt to show how to fix a design flaw in the rocket, then have a full mission landing on the Mun, then follow it up with a 2nd for more science. I should be able to put out the rest of the series now in a much more timely manner. A big thank you to everybody who has watched the series! Almost 10,000 total views between the first 4 videos so far!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any new videos for interplanetary science? Great videos so far. I like it a lot.

Yes, I still want to complete this series, so interplanetary is next, plus I have a planned one-off tutorial that talks exclusively about how to figure out the whole process of getting to other planets, including how to work out transfer and burn angles within the game without resorting to math! (Yes, it is possible!)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.