Kerbal Stats

Ok so just a little something that would make kerbals a bit less "expendable"

It would be pretty nifty if you could keep track of some of the kerbals stats and be able to view them in the astronought complex. It would add a nice touch and maybe even make some of us grow fond out some of the other kerbals (not just bob, bill and jeb)

Stats like.

Hours in Space

Number of launches

Times fallen over

Number of EVA's

EVA propellant used

Distance walked

Unplanned dissasemblies survived

And so on. It might add a nice feel that you are in charge of a space program and being able to keep track of your little green dudes. Its probably just me but its little things like this that make a game that little bit more immersive.

You could even do one for the whole space program. Total flights launched, total landed, total exploded etc.

Maybe a mod could be made?

Although this seems simple to implement i personally have no idea. I wouldnt want this to take priority over some of the other more game changing things that are being worked on

I like this idea, you could also list all the "firsts" the Kerbal has achieved, e.g. Jebediah Kerman, First Kerbal in Space, or Bob Kerman, First Kerbal to fly by the Mun. It could work using the current Progress Tracking system.

Also,

Jebediah, Bob, and Bill respawn. The others don't.

This is untrue. All Kerbals will respawn unless you set "MissingCrewsRespawn" to false in the persistence file.

Ooh, nice idea! Though what exactly constitutes an unplanned disassembly might be worth considering. A broken solar panel, or just the most terrifying, flirting-with-death mishaps?

I dont know. I just thought it sounded kerbally :D

I only thought the idea after playing some fallout the other day. It tells you how many monsters you've killed, places you have visited. I think it would be a nice touch.

I like this idea, you could also list all the "firsts" the Kerbal has achieved, e.g. Jebediah Kerman, First Kerbal in Space, or Bob Kerman, First Kerbal to fly by the Mun. It could work using the current Progress Tracking system.

Maybe a new building in the space center (well maybe not a building) but a hall of fame or monument of some sorts that has all the firsts listed on it. IE the monument has a standard texture but you can read it like you would a flag and a plaque dialog box comes up showing the various kerbal achievements

Edited by vetrox

Here I thought (inspired by a Reddit post)...

When in lab module, Kerbals' Stupidity and Courage might go down

When in command module, their Stupidity and Courage might increase

When in the hitchhiker module, they may lose Stupidity and gain Courage

And when EVA, they might gain Stupidity and lose Courage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.