Is it possible to crash into the Sun?

The sun doesn\'t have a surface, so you can simply go through it.

However, the extremely high gravity near the centre of the sun is too much for the physics engine to handle properly-I was once spat out at just over the speed of light, and one guy managed to break it completely and reach infinite speed.

I found this out after managing to get myself into an extremely elliptical orbit around the Sun... I\'ll take a screenshot next time I do it, but you get to a white screen, and then all of a sudden, it turns black; at that point you have passed 'through' where the surface of the Sun ought to be -- turn the camera around, and the screen becomes white again pretty quickly.

Oh, and as somebody else mentioned, insane speed as well xD

• 2 weeks later...

I found this out after managing to get myself into an extremely elliptical orbit around the Sun... I\'ll take a screenshot next time I do it, but you get to a white screen, and then all of a sudden, it turns black; at that point you have passed 'through' where the surface of the Sun ought to be -- turn the camera around, and the screen becomes white again pretty quickly.

Oh, and as somebody else mentioned, insane speed as well xD

Think about it, since there is no surface to crash into, you\'re into or going around a very deep gravitational well.

• 4 weeks later...

The sun has no surface, but since 0.14x4 there is an altitude check. If you get too close to the sun while on physics (1~2X), you will crash (been there, done that ;D)

Wait, SUN!?!?! I thought it was called Kerbol.

There is Sun and sun... Although star would be better, the game itself is calling it a sun, so be it... Its name is still Kerbol.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, SUN!?!?! I thought it was called Kerbol.

Our sun is called Sol, but no one calls it that.

Poor Sol. :c

On Topic: Once a long time ago I managed to break orbit and expecting to crash into the sun I went through it, sped up to extreme speeds, and quickly left the solar system (actually not that fast, we need a faster warp :S)

I\'m sure that would be added when (and if) we get more planets. No one wants to wait half an hour to go to another planet.

The sun has no surface, but since 0.14x4 there is an altitude check. If you get too close to the sun while on physics (1~2X), you will crash (been there, done that ;D)

The question has been answered so topic no longer need to be open.