Need help making a flag....

Dart_Tech

Hello. I got a small project coming up that I could use a little graphic help on.

I'm not much of a romantic, nor a good artist, but think this would be clever. Its me and my lady's 2 year anniversary coming up in a few months. I'm trying to think of some idea of what to do.

Iv been enjoying KSP, she watches and finds it neat, ill try to get her to play when multi-player comes out eventually so that should be interesting. I think shell go for it.

My idea is, I would like to fly to all the planets that you can land on and plant a flag with her initials on it. I managed to crash into the moon...XD...so I know I can get there and think im catching on. Maybe for the Sun and gas giants I could put a satellite in elliptical orbit with the flag logo. I can take screenshots and make a poster and frame it for her. :)

This will take a lot of work, but with plenty of time, I think I could pull it off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My problem is I need help designing a flag. I tried in Paint but nothing comes out decent.

Can anyone with decent graphic art skills make me a flag for her? Her initials are S.W and her fav color is purple. Any help is appreciated and I can give credit on a corner of the poster.

Awww, that's cute. :)

I'll mess around with Gimp tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Mind you, I'm not a painter, and my experience is pretty basic at the moment. :P

I'm sure somebody will make one for you, this community is great.

Oh, and congratulations on getting to the Mun! Even crashing into it is a great archievement. :D

I could try throwing something together in Inkscape if it isn't too urgent. How elaborate would it need to be? :)

Its a few months away, I would like to get started landing now...If I plant a flag, could I change it later? If not, I cant get started till a flag is made.

A heart or something would get the msg across I bet.

Doesn't need to be amazing..just something that would look nice on a poster.

Even a modification to a current flag would be fine.

Edited by Dart_Tech

I did something, but I'm not showing it because it looked horrible. When working with purple, you will most likely end up with some yellow as well, because complementary colours and all that. It's hard to think of good designs when staring at my least favourite part of the palette :rolleyes: Sorry. What about astropapi?

Edit: This is the layout. Somewhere an art major is crying. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll do alike.

Edited by Ravenchant

I tried. I failed. I cried.

Well, I didn't actually cry, but all my flags looked like a pile of poop. I blame the purple background, it always looks like a kid drew it on paint. :P

Thinking about it, it might look nice if I use Eve as a background, with her initials on the bottom... I guess I'll try that out right now! :D

Be back in a couple of minutes.

Ehhhh...thanks for the updates. Didn't know this would stress so many people =>.>=

If it helps her second favorite colors are blue and black....(mine is Blue)

Actually astropapi1, that looks pretty good. Ill bookmark it.

Ravenchant, I really like that layout. Could you use the background of Kerbal and maybe making the swishes light to dark purple gradients?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Ravenchant, try this background with your layout: http://www.thelanbox.com.au/uploads/blog/460.jpg?1363864592

Edited by Dart_Tech

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.