Squad's stand on SOPA/PIPA

Mauro

I can see what SOPA is doing conceptually. It\'s moving the task of policing piracy from the victims (IP holders) to the infrastructure providers. Previously if you wanted to prosecute the crime you\'d have to go to the criminal which was hard because they were many and distant. So the IP holders were finding the task impossible. If the responsibility can be transferred to others then it is now someone else\'s fault when they don\'t succeed at the impossible task. They can march in lawsuits and demands and such of this new party made responsible. It\'s rather cunning, choosing an easier target to nail without regard of the real perpetrator.

That and the method of implementation is bad.

The best thing is, CBS WANTS the law to pass when they did most of the pirating.

Cnet is THERE copyrighted item they, hosted a bunch of pirated material.

Gave out the peoples IP\'s to the government who, downloaded the material.

So CNET should be shut down, and there TV network might I add.

Even with that, WE WILL STILL KEEP THE FIGHT GOING ON, we will never stop, laws like this are what makes the world like is it today, we MUST stay tuned, as SOPA WILL come back, that is real, another bastard will politely make a new act like SOPA and PIPA, we will have to fght till the end, who will continue!!!

As bad as this bill is, it does NOT require your ISP to save anything more than what IP you were assigned, which most ISPs already do. This just makes it a legal requirement.

The fear mongering on BOTH sides of these issues is disgusting and childish.

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

Squad! Take my sword in the fight for freedom! \'Merica!

†

*Yes, i know you guys work in \'Merica\'s 'Pants', but you can still help, just like the guys in \'Merica\'s hat can. Sorry if offensive. :D

oh yea. COPYRIGHT 2012 DINOSAUR_MCGINLEY BLAH BLAH BLAH ©©©©

Happy, government?

'America\'s Hat'?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.