First docking... finally!

R4inator

So, for about a million years I've only made single-piece space stations. Finally, I manned up after going through 5 versions of non-docking (since .18!).

I decided to make a space station in my Sandbox game named Orion Station, and I built off the idea. Here's what I got so far (core module and 1 habitation module):

1024x768.resizedimage

Ok so i don't have problems with launch,orbiting,landing,delta-V calculation,rendezvous The one this i have problem is when i build Space Station and then try to dock parts it impossible im i putting RCS in wrong places ? Because i get close as 10m and my speed is 1.5m/s but when i turn RCS off and try to turn it moves awey i tryed to dock for 4 hours no luck. Is there RCS guide on what sides i should put?

Ok so i don't have problems with launch,orbiting,landing,delta-V calculation,rendezvous The one this i have problem is when i build Space Station and then try to dock parts it impossible im i putting RCS in wrong places ? Because i get close as 10m and my speed is 1.5m/s but when i turn RCS off and try to turn it moves awey i tryed to dock for 4 hours no luck. Is there RCS guide on what sides i should put?

Make sure the station you're docking with isn't rotating either. Because that will make docking quite hard.

Haha, i play since this account was made and only yesterday i docked for the first time.I had lots of fun building planes and ground vehicles, but yesterday i was motivated enough to dock.

The last thing i docked was an SSTO.Later today i should also dock some habitation modules.

FuR6kXd.png

And this is how it currently looks like.Not the nicest, but still, it's my first station. :D

7jY2bP4.png

The floodgates are open... ^_~

That first docking is always the hardest. Once you couple up a couple times (har har, wordplay), it gets a lot easier. The toughest part, I think, is just synchronizing orbital timing enough that you have a reasonably close intersect with your target.

Not a bad station either, SoldierHair. Not the prettiest, maybe, but function before form. I'm curious what mod the shuttle parts are from though?

The floodgates are open... ^_~

That first docking is always the hardest. Once you couple up a couple times (har har, wordplay), it gets a lot easier. The toughest part, I think, is just synchronizing orbital timing enough that you have a reasonably close intersect with your target.

Not a bad station either, SoldierHair. Not the prettiest, maybe, but function before form. I'm curious what mod the shuttle parts are from though?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25241-0-22-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R4-0c-New-pods-IVAs-engines-fuselages-structures That would be this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.