Ideas for cinematics?

Halban

At the moment I'm busy grinding the cogs in my head, trying to think of what I should do for a cinematic. The filming and general artsy type stuff is the easy part, however getting a spark to get your brain whirring is not. So if you have any ships you want to see in a cinematic and you have a loose idea of a story then I'm up for it! I'm aiming around 2 minutes 30 seconds so make whatever your thinking of into a quick short (skipping out scenes that do nothing but bring context is generally how I roll). I must add that this thread is indeed opensource, so if you see an idea you like then you can pinch it and turn it into a cinematic yourself.

Here's some work, I did not to long ago, if you want to be sure that your idea/ship is going to a good cause:

(

)

PS: I'm not sure if this should be in mission control or not, but then again I'm not exactly showcasing my work, purely setting up a thread for people to share ideas for cinematics.

UPDATE

------------------------------

Here's the first cinematic to come out of this thread!

Edited by HatBat

Mmm I've always wanted to be able to create cinematics but, on top of lacking the creativity side, I lack the movie editing ability/software haha. As for ideas, Nassault always seems to do videos about tragic missions, maybe you could recreate Apollo 13 (I know it wasn't tragic but that might be cool.) You could definitely attempt the free return trajectory from the Mun, allowing you a challenge in-game on top of making the movie itself.

I don't know about doing a cinematic based on a historical event, the thing with doing a fictional story is that you can do whatever you want: without any constraints on creativity. Although an amazing occurrence, that I will no doubt produce a cinematic of in the future, Apollo 13 just isn't what I'm looking for. I'm in need of a stencil that I can, more or less, "colour in" and produce a cinematic out of that original idea.

Mmm fair enough, that was really my only idea hehe. You could do the usual "jeb gets stuck on a planet and you have to sent a rescue craft in" but I think that's been done a few times already. Maybe you could make it from the perspective of a summer holiday throughout the Joolean system or something.

Always wanted to see something like this in KSP
.I saw that channel not long ago,those cinematics are convincing enough.

Well I suppose it would be interesting to have a go at that but unfortunately it looks like the part count would be over 9000 ;)

Or, if you want a darker side, a holiday that goes wrong. Maybe their spacecraft gets hit by an orbiting satellite and they have to go through emergency measure to abandon ship (yes, kind of like Gravity, I know, but you could put your own spin on it)

Here it is, the first (work in progress) shots of the new cinematic. I'm thinking of actually turning this into a full cinematic as the story line that I'm developing is pretty intricate. While I'm working on making this thing, I shall give 100 golden SRB's to the man (or woman) who can give me a good name for the cinematic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSJmUMwyU5E

I find KSP hugely fun to record with, although I've only bothered doing one cinematic-style thing so far. Could've done a few by now but I really like to wait until an idea grabs me. *shrug* Before too long I think I'll just knock one together for the sake of it.

Edited by BarryDennen12

Here it is, the first (work in progress) shots of the new cinematic. I'm thinking of actually turning this into a full cinematic as the story line that I'm developing is pretty intricate. While I'm working on making this thing, I shall give 100 golden SRB's to the man (or woman) who can give me a good name for the cinematic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSJmUMwyU5E

Looks awesome :) I'm very keen to see the final version! Maybe "Moho Mayday"

Looks awesome :) I'm very keen to see the final version! Maybe "Moho Mayday"

Before I got to see this post I'd already found myself at the main titles and consequently named the project "S T R A N D E D". Although short this name comes in to it's own after the first minute or so of the cinematic :wink:

QUICKFIRE ROUND: Jeb and Bob are trapped in a fragment of a station crashing into the surface of Moho, they have other ships attached to their station fragment and one of them has a single engine remaining. What does Jeb do to secure a (barely) survivable landing?

Uses his jetpack! Nah, jumps into one of the other ships and thrusts with all his might to resist Moho's gravity!

But how does he board the other ship if it's capsule has been destroyed? Not to mention we can't forget Bob, who is also on the station.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.