[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

Hey folks! Long time no see. I'm trying to get back into the saddle here, but for now I do know that I have some updated code and a big ToadicusTools refactor to get out, and it's (well past) time to do something about that. So! Here's a development build with some minor fixes and big under-the-hood changes for ToadicusTools. I consider this build to be a "beta" release.

[zip] [tar.gz] [tar.xz]

I have gone to great lengths to make the refactor of ToadicusTools binary-compatible with the old version, and in general that appears to be the case in all but two spots in VOID. Nevertheless, if you use my other mods and want to use this development build, I strongly recommend you download the dev builds I'm uploading for the others, as well.

CHANGELOG (from 1.12)

* TweakableFuelPumps should no longer name its pumps "True Pump", and should instead use the action resource name.
* Generally refactored calls to ToadicusTools methods to support the new refactor.

tjm2000, I don't know anything about that mod. Can you be a little more specific as to the sort of tweaks you'd like to see me add for it? Are these just reapplications of existing tweaks, or new ones?

Edited by toadicus
Curses!

I found the following bug.

Create a vessel where you have two docking ports connected.

Like this:

Docking%20ports.png?psid=1

Set on of the docking ports to have staging enabled

Launch vessel

quicksave

Load quicksave

Result: Vessel is decoupled

I have also tested this against the dev version (posted above).

Edited by BlackSoldierB

Hi,

I just wanted to contribute a little MM patch for the mk2 docking port:

@PART[mk2DockingPort]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]
{
node_stack_tdn = 0, 0, -.825, 0, 0, -1, 1

@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
{
%referenceAttachNode = tdn
}

@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDockingNode]
{
TDNnodeName = tdn
AlwaysAllowStack = True
deployAnimationControllerName = dockingPortDeploy
}
}

Thanks TMPhoenix! I'll give that a quick test and include it.

Warezcrawler, I'll have to take a look. I usually use FAR, so I haven't even noticed that such a tweak doesn't already exist in the base game. ;) I'll keep you posted.

Beano et al, I think I've finally figured out what you're talking about, and I think I've also figured out a fix. Stay tuned.

cause the person that made the mod is in a group i'm in on facebook and so he made the Hudson Hornet however the way he did the wheels is wrong cause he made it so the thinnest tires don't do power but steer (which is how the Hornet did not do it, it did power in the back with thin, thin tires) and the medium size ones do power but don't steer (which is also not how the Hornet did it, it had medium tires at the front doing steering and providing no power) so if i'm gonna have a proper 51'-54' Hornet i need that tweaked to be correct.

- - - Updated - - -

also sorry for the late reply i thought i'd get a notification on my gmail but i didn't get anything.

Hello,

Love this mod, often wonder what I would do without it. Sometimes, I just need less/more torque, ejection force, gimbal, ect.

However, I am in the process of tracking down a bug that affects capsules with built in decouplers, such as the Orion and Freya capsules. There seems to be an issue with the decoupler activating as soon as the physics loads, the fairing disappears, then the whole scence goes to the inky blackness of Kraken. Any suggestions?

Aaron Also, I haven't used either of those parts. Are they parts of the Chaka Monkey and NovaPunch packs, respectively?

In general I don't think this mod should be auto-activating any decouplers. But, it's possible. If the issue is actually around autofairings, there's more room for error on my part. Can you troubleshoot by removing the CFGs and DLLs for TweakableDecouplers, TweakableStaging, and TweakableEngineFairings, one at a time only, to see if removing any of those individually gets rid of your problem? Once you've isolated it, please get me a log along with a description of how you caused the problem and the combination of mods present.

As always, please test with as few mods as possible to rule out other factors.

Thanks!

Aaron Also, I haven't used either of those parts. Are they parts of the Chaka Monkey and NovaPunch packs, respectively?

In general I don't think this mod should be auto-activating any decouplers. But, it's possible. If the issue is actually around autofairings, there's more room for error on my part. Can you troubleshoot by removing the CFGs and DLLs for TweakableDecouplers, TweakableStaging, and TweakableEngineFairings, one at a time only, to see if removing any of those individually gets rid of your problem? Once you've isolated it, please get me a log along with a description of how you caused the problem and the combination of mods present.

As always, please test with as few mods as possible to rule out other factors.

Thanks!

Yes they are from those mods respectively. I really like 3.75M pods. I posted a log in the Nova Punch thread where I first thought the issue was specific to the Freya Service Module. The suspect they pointed me towards was the TweakableDecouplers. I'm not a programmer by trade, I do have an IT background and I dabble in the code arena, but in general I don't know what I'm doing.

I know that log has ALOT of mods. I use most of them, others I've deleted most of the parts from. This is the first game breaking bug I haven't found a simple work around for. Point being the mods have always played well together, but I will do my best to track this thing down.

Well, bad news and good news...

I managed to completely break my install to the point it wouldn't load at all. After reinstalling I started with just the Nova Punch, Chaka Monkey, and Tweakable Everything mods. The good news is that the problem did not persist. I think it is safe to say the Tweakables isn't the source of the issue I'm having.

Thanks for your help though. If I can track down the problem mod I will contact the Dev.

Can you add an ability to tweak the power of an engine? Because, I use the FASA Pack and The Atlas Engines that come with it don't work when I try to replicate heavier Atlas Rockets. So, can you please add a feature to teak the power of an engine?

Got it in two, Skalou; I dropped the ball over the summer holidays. I put it on the tracker to help me remember this time. ;)

Brainpop14, you're wanting me to specifically let you increase the thrust to engines? By how much would you need, and do you think is reasonable? In general I have intentionally not added that feature in the past, because it tends to feel a bit "cheaty", where most of my tweaks are purely convenience and tuning items, not literal power increases. I am very hesitant to do something like this.

Thoughts:

• Thrust increase would need to be very limited. Maybe up to 10%?
  • There would probably need to be some penalty for "overdriving" the motors. Maybe increase heat generation?
  • I feel like this might need a cost impact as well.

Comments welcomed.

great, i was a bit ashamed to you this again. :P

for the thrust tweak, balancing it by decreasing the ISP could work too,

there is the mod "kerbokatz afterburner" doing it a bit like this when the throttle is hight.

or increasing the weight,

what do you think guys?

Edited by Skalou