New Interactive Story

Altair1371

How should the story be?  

1,711 members have voted

1. 1. How should the story be?

• Linear (I just write, and you only make suggestions)
    • Interactive (I give choices, you decide)
    • Add your own chapter!

I\'m creating a new one, and see if I can get some creative writing done.

You duck beneath the wall as another blast shakes the ground.

'Sergeant! Get the hell over here!'

You peek over the wall to confirm that the firings has ceased for now, and dash over to your commander.

'I got the equipment, sir!'

'Good job, we\'ll need it for this operation.'

'What exactly are we doing, sir?'

Good question, what are you doing?

A) WWII era, Allied mission in France

B) Modern era, war against some communist threat

C) Zombie era, in the city (basically a jump forward from my last story

D) Near-future, WWIII

E) Far-future, alien invasion

Or a mixture of the choices. BTW, this story will be a serious one, so no joking around a ton. I\'ll have a different story for the joking.

E) Far future alien invasion

ERROR-USER DATA LOST

DOWNLOADING USER DATA

9%

17%

24%

37%

51%

69%

83%

96%

100%

USER DATA DOWNLOADED

Sgt. Altair 'Mantis' Coxand

Stardate 2412-1-22-1300

Armament: P-1 Pulse PDW

Shield: 88% power

Lifesigns: Battle Conditions

Objective: Assassinate the Grodox general

You open the case to find a XR-15 Long-Range Single-Shot Railgun. This rifle\'s .75 caliber slug could make a hole in nearly any armor. It\'s equipped with a 20x Smart-Scope, so you don\'t have to worry about ranging. You grab the rifle and climd up the 5 flights of stairs. You find a fellow soldier already scoping out the target zone.

'That area looks pretty hot. You\'ve probably got one shot before we have to get out of here.'

'I know. That\'s why I don\'t miss'

You set up the rifle, and wait for the signal. A lone Grodoxian shuttle flies through the atmospheric shield, and lands at the zone. You look through your scope, and see the general. He is truly a fearsome sight: If their 7 foot height wasn\'t enough, their mechs were the most intimidating in the known galaxy. You open your comm:

'Target is in sight, moving to the plaza.'

'Roger, wait until he stops'

A few tense seconds pass as the general walks to the middle of the plaza, and stops.

'Target has stopped moving.'

'Confirmed, you are clear to take the shot'

You take a deep breath and pull the trigger. The rifle fires, and then begins to cool down. Unfortunately, the slug penetrates the warrior next to him, and he ducks. You curse, and jump up to run down the stairs. At this point, a quarter of that force is already in their jumpsuits and heading this way. Your squad won\'t stand a chance unless you can get to your Lance. When you reach the bottom floor, your commander walks up to you.

'Did you make the sho-'

A bolt of plasma shot through his head, and he collapses to the ground. A few explosions shake the building, and a bolt speeds past your head. A piece of the ceiling falls, and lands on your head. You see black, and fall asleep.

WARNING! LIFESIGNS: UNCONSCIOUS

ATTEMPTING REVIVE SHOT

SHOT ADMINISTERED

REVIVE FAILED

Stardate 2412-1-22-2300

You wake up, and find that it is night already. You take a look around, and cannot find a Grodox or Terran body. The fight must have been brutal. You head outside. It seems that the occupation of the colony has begun, as several Reaper gunboats lazily fly overhead. They seem to be heading towards the middle of the city. You know that the starport is just a few klicks away from your position, so you may find a ship to get out of here. You also see an alleyway in front of you.

A) Stay put

B) Head to the center of the city

C) Head to the starport

D) Go to the alleyway

I\'m actually thinking more of looking like a phantom from Halo.

Awesome thing.

phantom.jpg

I select option D too - the first three options are just too obvious. Need guerilla tactics and recon the area before deciding if a home run in the open is even a good idea.

Player character needs to stock up on combat equipment. No rifle, no go.

((Inventory check request??))

Option D

Sgt. Altair 'Mantis' Coxand

Stardate 2412-1-22-2300

Armament: N/A

Shield: 29% power, charging

Lifesigns: normal

You hear a couple scout craft zip by, and decide to duck into the alleyway before they find you. It\'s lucky that Grodoxian radar cannot detect lifesigns, or Humanity would be toast. You find a corpse in the alleyway, and grab his tags. Arwin 'Dev' Johnson. He was one of your best friends, but you never saw him after the academy. Now you find him, with a plasma bolt through his chest. You shake your head and scavenge his armor. You find a few power cells, with some decent charge, and a M-45 handgun. It\'s surprising that even now, standard firearms are still being used. You replace your shield\'s power cells, and you immediately begin to charge up.

Shields: 95%

Armament: M-45

You decide to look at your holo-map. You see that there is a nice route through the alleyways to reach the starport, but you can take a similar route to the heart of the city. You check your commsat, and see that your signal is dead. The Grodox must have destroyed the communications center in this colony.

A) Head to the starport

B) Head to the heart of the city

C) Go to the communications center

D) Stay put

This is where I will post some stats and pics for the new tech, so you can be familiar with the weapons/vehicles

So you know, a bolt of plasma is like a Star Wars blaster, and a pulse is more like the plasma rifles from Halo.

Reaper Gunboat

Looks somewhat like this

zdtK0.jpg

A formidable Gunboat, is considered the tank of the sky.

Grodoxian 'Sickle' Scoutcraft

N2bLV.jpg

Tough air-to-ground combatants, these VTOL fighters are the bane of infantry.

P-1 Pulse PDW

JEjZF.jpg

Standard-issue rifle, fires a pulse of plasma.

XR-15 Railgun

ldrdI.jpg

Long-Range Single-Shot Railgun. Effective range: 2 miles.

M-45 Handgun

zXKZK.jpg

Standard-issue handgun.

Hmm why would I head for C?

- Strategic target, probably hit by artillery or aerospace strikes as part of efforts to cripple local C4I

- The very fact that it\'s \'probably destroyed\' means it might be an overlooked refuge.

- Its importance means that after the dust clears, its likely friendly troops would seek to occupy the locale and mount salvage/recovery efforts, or even attempt to restore some semblance of communication... that is, if the enemy hasn\'t flushed them out yet.

Lets see what turns out next!

C

SGT. ALTAIR 'MANTIS' COXAND

STARDATE 2412-1-22-0100

SHIELDS: 99%

ARMAMENT: M-45

LIFESIGNS: STANDARD

OBJECTIVE: REACH THE COMMUNICATIONS CENTER

You walk through the alleys to find the communications center. Hopefully, there may be an antenna left, and you may be able to get a signal. When you pass through one alley, you find two soldiers, one attending to the other\'s wounds. You walk up and address them,

'How is he, soldier?'

'He got hit pretty bad, but this should hold him till we can find an extraction point.'

'Until we can get contact with the fleet, nobody is going to get off this colony.'

At that moment, the other soldier wakes up.

'Who the bloody hell are you two? And what the hell happened to Razor, and Scotch?'

'Seeing how you ended up, I\'d say that they are gone.'

'Great, just bloody great. This place is going to hell in a handbasket, isn\'t it?'

'Afraid so. I\'m heading to the comm center, see if I can make contact. Think you could make it?'

'I\'ve had worse happen to me.'

ADDITIONAL DATA LINKS FOUND: SYNCHING

36%

61%

100%

DATA LINKS SYNCHED. ADDING UNITS TO SQUAD

SQUAD:

MCGREGOR: CONDITION YELLOW

FIVES: CONDITION GREEN

You help Mcgregor up, and you all set on your way. After a few minutes, you hear the telltale sounds of grunts and snorts: a Grodoxian scout party. What should you do?

A) Run for the comm center, guns ablazing

B) Hide for now, wait for the scouts to pass.

C) B, but silently kill them.

D) Set up a perimeter.

E) Run the other way!

Here are the conditions of other units:

Green: nothing wrong, this unit is ready to engage

Yellow: wounded, but still capable of fighting

Gray: not wounded, but incapable of fighting (low ammo, uplinking, etc.)

Red: incapable of fighting (unconscious, mortally wounded)

Black: Your data link cannot connect to the unit\'s data link

White: K.I.A. Lifesigns are reading dead.

A) Run for the comm center, guns ablazing

B) Hide for now, wait for the scouts to pass.

C) B, but silently kill them.

D) Set up a perimeter.

E) Run the other way!

C ; they must not know of any organised Terran resistance yet, brazenly walking in the open like that. Make them pay for their arrogance, but be silent and quick about it!

C ; they must not know of any organised Terran resistance yet, brazenly walking in the open like that. Make them pay for their arrogance, but be silent and quick about it!

Glad to know you\'re getting into it! Going to try a bit bloodier story here, be advised.

STARDATE 2412-1-22-0100

You tell the two to hide, and whip out your handgun and knife. You hear footsteps come closer, and you turn off the safety. You see three scouts walk past, and then a squad leader. You can tell by his signature green armor. You wait for a few tense seconds, and then creep up behind them. You get right behind the leader, and position your knife at the back of the skull. You quickly thrust right through. The blade punctures the beast\'s skull, and goes right to his medulla oblongata, destroying his motor skills. He silently slumps to the ground, spilling a pool of blood. It\'s a good thing these Xenos don;t have good hearing. You then creep up behind the next one. You repeat the process with two more, leaving one more. Now that it is one, you decide to have a little fun. You stab him right in the chest, leaving him down, but still alive. You signal Mcgregor and Fives, and they form up with you.

'You ever killed a Grodox, Fives?'

'No sir. This was my first operation.'

'Alright, well this can be your first kill.'

With that, you hand him your knife. He leans over, and puts the knife at the Grodox\'s neck. He slits the beast\'s throat, and walks back over to you. He hands you back your knife, and you wipe it off. You hand the bloody cloth over to him.

'Here\'s your first kill. Never forget this cloth.'

You then head off for the comm center.

STARDATE 2412-1-22-0200

You\'re across the street from the comm center. It looks like the Grodox really ripped the place up, but you know about an emergency safe that can use your data link to contact the fleet. The problem is, there\'s a couple squads standing guard. You get an assessment of the area.

There are two entrances to the center. Both are patrolled by a squad. A Reaper flies past every couple of minutes, so you have a small window to get in without getting shot down. One has a pile of power cells nearby, so if you throw a grenade just right, it may kill the whole squad. However, the other entrance has a safety airlock, so if you can rush them, you may make it inside without a casualty. You see a civilian cougar, maybe you can jack it with your uplink(hacker tool) and ram the entrance. You have one sticky grenade.

Tell me your elaborate plan to get in, stealthy or not. All that you need is right here, so don\'t bother scavenging or backtracking.

Civilian Cougar

oJsMG.jpg

Standard civilian vehicle.

Uplink tool

2xzgr.jpg

Military smart-hacker. Can crack nearly every code or script.

Push the car off to start it as a distraction, while enemies are distracted roll a grenade to the power cells so they don\'t see you do it. Then, run, in the cover of the smoke from the explosion and rush inside.

STARDATE 2412-1-22-0200

You come up with a plan. Using your uplink, you set the car to have a remote trigger. You then get into position. You start the car, and it rolls down the street. A couple guards go after it to investigate, and you throw the grenade. It triggers a huge explosion of power cells, wiping out one squad, and leaving a cloud of smoke to run through. You hack to the door, and make it inside.

From the looks of it, the only Grodox are outside. They sure did a number on the place, though. Every terminal, computer, and machine was smashed. You get to the control room, and get to the security point. All it contains is a piece of paper, which is perfect to hide the emergency protocol. The catch is, the paper\'s code is written in Japanese, now an unheard of language, so even the best Grodoxian linguists cannot translate it. You plug connect your data link, uplink, and a , slightly damaged terminal, and upload the code.

CODE ACCEPTED: BLACKOUT PROTOCOL INITIATED

SEARCHING FOR ANTENNA

ANTENNA NOT FOUND

No antennas. That means the protocol fails. At that moment, you hear a commotion outside. You walk out to see the last of the Grodoxian guards looking up. After shooting them, you look up. You see a sight that fills you with dread: a Terran fleet has arrived. If they can\'t find a significantly sized resistance, they will launch a nova bomb, destroying the colony. The Scorched Colony protocol will take effect in about three hours, so you either need to communicate with them, or get off the colony. What should you do?

A) Try to make a long-range communicator from the comm center.

B) Look for something to use as an antenna and set up there.

C) Get to the starport and find transport.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.