Ability to select mods on creating a new game

Hi everyone,

By the way, I'm on a mac book pro here.

I don't use too many mods, but sometimes I would like to play with stock-only parts (I have an unhealthy addiction to KW rocketry). Additionally, I would like like to play with stock-only parts but still have some other mods enabled.

So what I am imagining is something similar to how Firaxis Civilization V handles mods. When creating a new game, you can pick and choose which mods can be enabled for that particular game instance. This way I could have one saved game with all mods, another with selected mods (maybe I just want mechjeb and procedural fairings), and one with no mods at all, etc. etc.

Edit: visually, if I have a part pack like kW rocketry, if the mod is enabled then the parts would show up in the vab, otherwise they would not appear (rather than simply shading the part disabled)

The primary benefit here is so that I don't lose half of my active fleet because I want to tear out KW rocketry part add-on for instance, or resort to installing a second copy of the game (not even clear if i can install a second copy via steam).

I'm not sure if KSP as an application can handle this (or if it's an existing feature I am not aware of), but it would be a wonderful feature.

(and if this is has already been suggested then my apologies, my search skills can be poor at times).

Thanks for allowing suggestions and thanks for the great game; I can't stop playing....

Edited by ThreeWholePunch
Expand thought

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.