Munar Base

Ryan81873

So everything began with me just wanting to use those giant rover wheels for something, theyve always been way too big for any project in the past that ive tackled. so Munar Mobile Lab was completed!

screenshot337.png

I'm a little embarrassed by the sloppiness of the design but hey, it got me there.

screenshot327.png

screenshot347.png

screenshot373.png

basically used the engines as a buffer for a landing and let it fall down onto its wheels, then undocked the engines

screenshot368.png

and Munar Mobile Lab was active!

screenshot408.png

screenshot415.png

putting kerbals in the lab permanently inactivates them as far as i know.... so a couple more were shot over to meet up in these shuttles

screenshot385.png

sent over some more rovers in my first attempt at one rocket bringing multiple rovers

screenshot393.png

success!

screenshot396.png

didnt want to spend the time bringing 3 rovers >20 km so i just left them at that

screenshot421.png

started playing with kerbal attachment system mod to build up base

screenshot426.png

made a pushcart bc lugging those containers around was way too slow

screenshot429.png

screenshot451.png

ran out of parts to build with so i needed to send over another shipment, but then i thought why not just combine the container lander and the pushcart idea??

screenshot475.png

screenshot464.png

didnt have to worry about landing site accuracy anymore

screenshot467.png

screenshot471.png

3 sided crane constructor

screenshot477.png

and thats my Munar Base! framerate is getting too choppy to do any more operations... any suggestions to help with that would be appreciated! I thought just space stations brought the framerate down bc of the constant swaying of docked parts weighing down on the program's capabilities but apparently lost of stationary parts bog it down too... such a shame!

Edited by Ryan81873
removed img tags to consolidate post

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.