Sraken IA - massive lander for Mun

Hello everyone,

I am not sure where to put this and I want to show my design of massive lander with Science Jr and other science equipment on it to have my people staying on moon to explore and researching for new technology for some amount of time before leaving Mun back to Kerblin. it is hybrid of mini space station and lander so it took me a while to get it up into orbit, then Mun, and then back to Kerbin.

I hope you all enjoy my screenshot:

screenshot15.jpg

screenshot18.jpg

screenshot24.jpg

screenshot29.jpg

screenshot37.jpg

screenshot38.jpg

screenshot41.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

(I was attempting to add some cool effects to it but it didn't go well. I was going back to original screenshot and realized I forgot to back up my screenshot. So here is my smaller screenshot.)

Untitled.jpg

This project took me few nights to design and accomplish mission. It was one of most complicated project I have ever worked on and I am proud of my achievement! I would like any comments or feedback on this.

Looks pretty big! Would be cool to see shots of it during the day, maybe a bit more zoomed out.

Landing something big on the mun was always hard-ish to me because of the gravity. I mean Minmus is easy, and whenever I use Kethane, I use a massive ship to mine/convert as much as possible in one trip.

I did sort of what you did, designed a small station that could land. and support other spacecraft while in space like a station would.

I think the next step at least for myself would be to take a large ship like that, and see if I can get it down to Duna's surface in one piece. :)

These are the two most massive landers I've made to date. They both only took maybe a half hour to create each, so I think you definitely put a lot more work into yours. I was a fan of the one with tracks though, it was fun to rove around in.

8qd3.png

87br.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.