Wobbly rockets - Now 1.09 - 2 metre parts, verniers, payload fairings, MUCH more

Sunday Punch

I think some of the nodes on the 3m parts are a little weak. Not sure if the connection strength is defined per part or hardcoded though. Put almost anything on top of the 3m to 5x1m part and apply enough acceleration and it just lets go and everything explodes, even just a few 3m fuel tanks if you have boosters strapped to the sides. I think this is why my Cronus rocket is so finicky about throttle settings, the 3m nodes are just too weak for their own weight.

Great job on the update! I finally got my ship to 1000K I quit after that... Anyway one small glitch is in the reverse thrust the decoupler wont work with it the instant I trigger the decoupler it wont fire for some reason.

Yeah that's because decouplers fire before anything else in a stage, so if your retros are in the same stage it won't work. Put them in the stage before; activate retros then hit space again to jettison the stage and the retros will keep burning.

Yeah I was surprised to see that appear in the wiki a while ago. Those entries don't seem to do anything when inserted into the part.cfg file, as far as I can tell.

Hello and thank you for sharing your parts.

I've been messing around with the 3m fuel tank and wondered if you could build a (3x1m) to 3m adapter so one can have a cluster of 3 motors above the 3m tank.

Also I wonder if you could build a 1m->3x1m adapter, but have the 3 be in a row instead of triangular.

So you can build something like the three on the right with LFRs.

Titan_Missile_Family.png

eta- spoilered the img

It's not possible to make a many-to-one adapter because you can only attach to one top node at a time. I should probably put something about this in the first post because it gets requested all the time :)

I could make a 1m->3x1m adapter, but I'd probably do a linear 1 to 3 coupler instead since it would be more versatile, and you could achieve a Titan III type configuration with

3m fuel tank>3m to 1m adapter cone>linear 1 to 3 coupler

Actually you could pretty much achieve that right now by using radial couplers and medium SRBs with nosecones.

You should totally talk to the folks who make this awesome game and get em to change it so decouplers don't fire before anything else. Frankly your retro's being able to fire at the same time as the decoupler would be an amazing thing...as is, firing them then the decoupler causes you to lose a bit of your velocity due to simple human reaction times.

Still, keep up the good work. This mod is an amazing thing ;D

So I tried the breakingForce and breakingTorque config parameters again, and it seems I just wasn't using large enough values. First time I tried values of 1, 10, 100 and 1000 and none of them seemed to increase strength. I tried again with a value of 2000 and it seems to make parts more robust. I have no idea what the default value is so it's pretty much guesswork, but I'll make all the 3 metre parts that tend to break easily stronger for the next release. You should be able to have 4X liquid clusters resting on the ground without them instantly failing.

Any suggestion for not overheating 5 F1s (the big 1m rockets) under the 5x1 plate ad fuel tank? I can't run them at over 66% w/o blowing the motors up.

Thanks, love the parts.

ETA- I have a decent realistic design running with 6 medium SRBs on radial arms; 5 F1s + 5x1 plate + 2x 3m tanks, 3mx1m cone; F1+2tanks; J2+2 tanks; command. With couplers and SAS sprinkled as needed.

screenshot34.jpg

Where did you get the reskinned fuel tanks? I like them and I want them

Where did I get them? I made them! They're twice the size of the stock tanks. They'll be in the next version of the pack which should be out tomorrow or the day after.

Where did I get them? I made them! They're twice the size of the stock tanks. They'll be in the next version of the pack which should be out tomorrow or the day after.

Oh, how nice. Do want

Also, are you going to ever make 2m parts and 3m decoupler shrouds or will I have to learn how to mod/model and do it myself?

Oh, how nice. Do want

Also, are you going to ever make 2m parts and 3m decoupler shrouds or will I have to learn how to mod/model and do it myself?

I've got a hefty backlog of parts to make, I'll get around to them sooner or later.

:probe: New version of my parts pack! :probe:

*New part - long 1 metre fuel tank

*New part - high thrust liquid engine

*New part - lateral tricoupler, 2 versions

*New part - 3 metre decoupler shroud for 4X liquid cluster

*Improved decoupler shrouds, 3 sizes fit all 1 metre engines

*Improved durability of 3 metre parts

cNeVh.jpg

Tvnep.jpg

IMPORTANT: Because I've reworked the decoupler shrouds the old ones are redundant. So before you install the new version, you need to delete their folders in your KSP/Parts directory. Delete these folders:

Decoupler shroud

Decoupler shroud 1

Decoupler shroud 2

Decoupler shroud 3

Then you're good to extract the 1.08 zip into the Parts folder.

Sunday Punch's parts package v 1.08 contents

*1 metre to 3 metre adapter

*3 metre to 1 metre adapter

*Aerodynamic nosecone

*3 metre decoupler

*1X3 metre to 5X1 metre coupler

*3 metre engine cluster

*Dual coupler, 2 versions

*Quad coupler

*Escape tower

*3 metre fuel tank

*Lateral coupler, 2 versions

*Medium liquid engine

*Medium solid motor

*NERVA engine

*RCS module

*Retrorocket module

*Small fuel tank

*Small solid motor

*small liquid engine

*Decoupler shroud, 3 lengths

*Decoupler matching decoupler shrouds appearance

*long 1 metre fuel tank

*high thrust liquid engine

*lateral tricoupler, 2 versions

*3 metre decoupler shroud for 4X liquid cluster

Get 1.08 here:

http://www.multiupload.com/7GU2VF2O2K

Finally a tri-lateral coupler, I was making one for my pack but mine holds the parts a little father apart so a 2m rocket can fit between 2 1m's. Yours is awesome though for rockets with all your parts and most packs. Keep up the good work.