Ca-23A Carrier

The Ca-23 is my first serious attempt at building a fighter carrier. I built it in parallel with my just released Co-23 Corvette and so both ships share many design features with a focus on aesthetics rather than armour. Stripping almost all of the armour allowed me to add in many more minor features to improve the appearance and also provided a dV boost compared to most of my previous ships allowing trips as far as Laythe. Numerous hard points including a pair of Sr. docking ports allows it to function effectively as a mother ship and additional fuel can be mounted for long journeys. As per usual I mounted a very large engine block as well as a Skipper boost engine to give the ship surprising acceleration considering its sheers size while 10 reaction wheels mean that orbital manoeuvres don't take too long.

I have mounted both a linear bridge for controlling the ship while the lower mounted lander can is purely to enjoy the view and the ships should not be controlled from here. The ship should have SAS kept on as it is not perfectly balanced and will pitch slightly if left to its own devices.

I haven't included weaponry with this ship so people can either arm it with their own or simply use it as a civilian vessel instead.

Craft File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nczrn6qr4x64tps/Ca-23A.craft

Hotkeys

1: Nerva Engines

2: Skipper

10: Toggle panels and antennae

Stats

Parts: 390

dV: 6700

TWR: 0.61

Mass: 230 Tons

Cost:330,000 Kerbits

H2x6cCH.png

LMHhZpU.png

3jgkWRZ.png

N6kPM1O.png

Edited by Comrade Jenkens

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.