[0.90] Custom Biomes 1.7.0 [17 Dec]

Trueborn

Bug report for 1.3.

When the "CustomBiomes 1.3" gui is shown, the Toggle Map button flickers in and out of existence as you drag the gui around. It also flickers if you drag the biome map gui around.

Yeah, its resetting the window height every frame, and the drag is catching the shorter height before GUILayout gets to it. I'll try to find another place to do the resize.

I have a question: is there any possible way to translate the Custom Biomes map to an overlay in the KSP map view, Kethane-style? Or failing that, display the active object's orbit and position on the CB map? Eyeballing the biomes is a pain in the aft, especially when you're over something that has very little to differentiate one section from another, like the Mun.

So, a question: Does this work on the Sun?

The included biome set doesn't include anything for the Sun, but you could build one for yourself.

I have a question: is there any possible way to translate the Custom Biomes map to an overlay in the KSP map view, Kethane-style? Or failing that, display the active object's orbit and position on the CB map? Eyeballing the biomes is a pain in the aft, especially when you're over something that has very little to differentiate one section from another, like the Mun.

It is possible, but my intention isn't for this to be a mapping mod. If you would like to see where your vessel is in relation to the biomes, I would recommend getting SCANsat. It does require parts, but if you've already got stuff in place you can add the modules to your command pod or something.

It is possible, but my intention isn't for this to be a mapping mod. If you would like to see where your vessel is in relation to the biomes, I would recommend getting SCANsat. It does require parts, but if you've already got stuff in place you can add the modules to your command pod or something.

I wouldn't mind having to map them first, I'd just like integration on a biome map and the orbital positioning, you know? It would take the guesswork out of "am I at the right inclination? Am I over what I think I am, or am I misreading this thing entirely and I'm the other side of the freaking world from where I think I am." factor.

Could even be made in the form of an environmental biomes mapping sensor, getting you a bit of science for each biome you map/percent of the world you biome-map.

I'm having trouble getting your mod to work unfortunately. :( I'm running 0.23 and the latest version of your mod alongside Scansat and a number of others. The other modes (like Ferram and Engineer) show up in the toolbar, but I don't see a button for yours. And when I run a scansat on Eve, I see altimetry and slope data, but only get noise for the biomes. Oh, also I'm on a Mac. Is there anything else I should check to debug it? Thanks!

Here's the part of my log file if I search for "biome":

[LOG 12:13:06.297] Load(Assembly): CustomBiomes/CustomBiomes

[LOG 12:13:06.297] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /Users/jwetzel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/CustomBiomes/CustomBiomes.dll

[LOG 12:13:06.420] [ModuleManager] Processing Node Switch. Avaiable DLL are Assembly-CSharp ModuleManager aaa_Toolbar CityLights Clouds CommonUtils Equirectangular2Cubic TextureCompressor CustomBiomes DeadlyReentry Engineer EngineerToolbar FerramAerospaceResearch ferramGraph ProceduralFairings DockingPortAlignment DYJlibrary chatterer RealChute SCANsat KerbalAlarmClock TweakableGimbals TweakableLadders

[LOG 12:13:18.520] Load(Texture): CustomBiomes/biome

[LOG 12:14:42.785] TextureCompressor: Name: CustomBiomes/biome

There should be something after that. Search for "Custom Biomes," or keep looking further for an exception dealing with CustomBiomes. I haven't heard anything from Mac users, but I don't have one so I can't tell you if its a platform specific issue. Any other Mac users have it running, or not?

And also, a more complete list of other mods might be useful.

The mod dynamically looks at each celestial body when it enters the flight scene, and then it tries the active biome directory for files that match the body's name. So if a biome set is developed for the mod, Custom Biomes should work with it.

When will the button to choose Biomes be shown? I'm seeing nothing like menu on the release posting, even when I create a fresh game. And I'm pretty sure that I'm running 1.3

If you aren't seeing the toolbar button appearing in the flight scene, then you're running into some sort of error. Please look in your Output_Log.txt and search for "custom biomes". There will probably be some sort of error showing up in there. If you can paste that here I can try and figure it out for you.

For Benjpalmer,

That's about half of it, yes. You also need to define what the biomes are called and what color it is. More detailed instructions can be found on the first page of this thread. You can also open the .ATT files in your favorite text editor and see how they look.

Edited by Trueborn

If you aren't seeing the toolbar button appearing in the flight scene, then you're running into some sort of error. Please look in your Output_Log.txt and search for "custom biomes". There will probably be some sort of error showing up in there. If you can paste that here I can try and figure it out .

This is the problem I'm having. No button, no error in log, no scansat results.

Here's my error log:

[LOG 09:42:54.964] Load(Assembly): CustomBiomes/CustomBiomes

[LOG 09:42:54.964] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /Users/jwetzel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/CustomBiomes/CustomBiomes.dll

[LOG 09:42:55.154] [ModuleManager] Processing Node Switch. Avaiable DLL are Assembly-CSharp ModuleManager aaa_Toolbar CityLights Clouds CommonUtils Equirectangular2Cubic TextureCompressor CustomBiomes DeadlyReentry Engineer EngineerToolbar FerramAerospaceResearch ferramGraph ProceduralFairings DockingPortAlignment DYJlibrary chatterer RealChute SCANsat KerbalAlarmClock TweakableGimbals TweakableLadders

[LOG 09:43:07.180] Load(Texture): CustomBiomes/biome

[LOG 09:44:36.871] TextureCompressor: Name: CustomBiomes/biome

[LOG 09:44:37.941] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CompatibilityChecker' from assembly 'CustomBiomes'

[LOG 09:44:38.098] [CompatibilityChecker] Running checker version 2 from 'CustomBiomes'

The mods I'm using are:

000_Toolbar

Visual Enhancements

Active Texture Management

Custom Biomes

Deadly Reentry

Engineer

FAR

Procedural fairings

KW Rocketry

Docking Port Alignment Indicator

Procedural Wings

Chatterer

Realchutes

Scansat

Mk2 cockpit IVA

Kerbonav KN2 cockpit

Surface Lights

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Tweakable Everything

Custom biomes will be mentioned several times in the log. If you search for it with the space in the middle, you should get to the point where it is actually trying to load. Otherwise, keep searching until you see it mention an exception.

If I look at the log after loading a save and going to fly a probe that's orbiting Eve, I get a couple more lines:

[LOG 11:04:21.410] Load(Assembly): CustomBiomes/CustomBiomes

[LOG 11:04:21.410] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /Users/jwetzel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/CustomBiomes/CustomBiomes.dll

[LOG 11:04:21.544] [ModuleManager] Processing Node Switch. Avaiable DLL are Assembly-CSharp ModuleManager aaa_Toolbar CityLights Clouds CommonUtils Equirectangular2Cubic TextureCompressor CustomBiomes DeadlyReentry Engineer EngineerToolbar FerramAerospaceResearch ferramGraph ProceduralFairings DockingPortAlignment DYJlibrary chatterer RealChute SCANsat KerbalAlarmClock TweakableGimbals TweakableLadders

[LOG 11:04:33.816] Load(Texture): CustomBiomes/biome

[LOG 11:06:02.669] TextureCompressor: Name: CustomBiomes/biome

[LOG 11:06:03.877] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CompatibilityChecker' from assembly 'CustomBiomes'

[LOG 11:06:04.034] [CompatibilityChecker] Running checker version 2 from 'CustomBiomes'

[LOG 11:07:22.917] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CustomBiomes' from assembly 'CustomBiomes'

[LOG 11:07:22.919] Starting Custom Biomes v1.3

However, there's still no icon in the toolbar, and no Eve biomes show on the scansat big map.

What does it say after the "Starting Custom Biomes v1.3" line? That's where my code actually starts executing, so the error should be within the next few lines. I need everything from there until AddonLoader starts calling the next mod.

What does it say after the "Starting Custom Biomes v1.3" line? That's where my code actually starts executing, so the error should be within the next few lines. I need everything from there until AddonLoader starts calling the next mod.

Ah, I just ran a couple missions and looked in the log and found this section:

[LOG 15:49:46.705] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CustomBiomes' from assembly 'CustomBiomes'

[LOG 15:49:46.705] Starting Custom Biomes v1.3

[LOG 15:49:46.706] Parsing rect

[LOG 15:49:46.706] Parsing bool

[LOG 15:49:46.706] Parsing rect

[LOG 15:49:46.706] Parsing bool

[LOG 15:49:46.706] Parsing int

[LOG 15:49:46.706] Parsing string

[EXC 15:49:46.706] DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '/Users/jwetzel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program\Saves' not found.

[LOG 15:49:46.706] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ReentryPhysics' from assembly 'DeadlyReentry'

Is there something in your code that's assuming Windows needs a backslash? This could explain. I'm on a Mac.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.