Modding Developers Help & Discussion Thread (Problem with Mod/Help Newbies Out? Here)

I recently rejoined the Modding community to get some experience before I go for my goal in Game Dev.I wanna make this thread as help for anyone going through a hard time doing things.Any Professional Modders out there,I would be thankful for you to help us newbies out.

FOR PLUGIN MAKING HELP,

A Very good tutorial by cybutek -

I'll start off with my own problems.I successfully managed to finally make a simple cube for KSP.

screenshot0.png

I wanted to try a cylinder but this happened.The rotation for the game object is -90.I turned it to 0 and still not working.I turned the main model to 0 and still.

EDIT : I changed the Rotation in Unity

Edited by victor tan

This thread will likely be moved to the modelling and texturing subforum, so look there if it gets lost :)

The issue with your part being rotated is likely because you need to rotate the axis of your part so that the +y axis is pointing up (instead of the +z axis) before you export it from your modelling program.

Here's a writeup on how to fix the issue, if you're using Blender.

If you're using 3DS Max, you need to open up the Hierarchy Editor tab, then choose "Affect Pivot Only", then rotate the gizmo to the proper orientation (Green arrow pointing up. If the object's gizmo is oriented with the world, then rotating the x axis 90 degrees will accomplish this.) before unselecting "Affect Pivot Only".

Edited by Talisar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.