Insular Airfield

Turbojet

(This is a roleplay/riddle, NOT A SUGGESTION)

The putrid eyestrain that is the old abandoned Insular Airfield, is tainting the glory of the modern state-of-the-art Kerbal Space Center.

The place was built more than 60 Kerbal Years ago (about 45 normal years), and since Insular went bankrupt from the "incident", it's been casting KSC a dirty shadow. Not only that, It's been polluting the surrounding waters with the old nuclear rocket engines leeching radioactive substances into the ecosystem. So far, it's only bad news for us. While the one reason to keep it up is that it is (ironically) a wildlife sanctuary for birds, The birds nesting here are invasive. The community voted 53% in favor of its destruction, so, Well I guess we will have to destroy it. What would the best way of destroying it be? (No Nukes or Missiles, this IS a wildlife sanctuary.) Bombs are restricted to only military use, and the demolition company is privately owned. What would be the most LOGICAL solution?

Leave your creative ideas below.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Insular_Airfield

I would attach cables to any supporting posts or structures, attach heavy trucks to the other ends, and pull the supports out. Some strategic cutting with a blowtorch or detachment of bolts or rivets may be necessary, and should be done so that the structures could still be pulled, but it is still reasonably safe inside. If there are any radioactive parts inside, they should be removed separately if reasonably transportable or protected from the main collapse and shielded so that any radioactivity can dissipate. As for any airstrips or runways, they should be cleaned of any and all contaminants and given to the KSP as another runway to take off from.

Dig out an area underneath the structures. Support them using I-beams and excavate the foundation. Next, bring in a MASSIVE shipment of Jumbo-64's, Mainsails, and struts. Proceed to strap -64's to the supporting I-beams, and Mainsails to the -64's. Reenforce with struts. Then add rover seat to the top with a parachute. Finally, put Jeb in the seat and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!