Make a Controllable Rover

So Mun landings have become somewhat routine for me, now I\'m trying to make a rover. I have one that I can get on the Mun, on it\'s wheels, but as soon as I start moving, it wants to turn, I just can\'t keep it rolling forward. It usually wants to spin around and I can\'t regain control until I let it slide to a stop. Anyone know how to make it more controllable?

I know it\'s not the greatest picture, but here is my rover.

ykou7.png

Yeah, using a very small rocket on the back for propulsion while you use RCS to turn and slow down. You will need to keep it small so that the RCS can slow you down faster.

Otherwise, there\'s really not much to making a rover.

Hope this helped.

Yeah, using a very small rocket on the back for propulsion while you use RCS to turn and slow down. You will need to keep it small so that the RCS can slow you down faster.

Otherwise, there\'s really not much to making a rover.

Hope this helped.

I used the smallest vectoring engine I could find, would the small orbital insertion engine be better? However, the engine also has to be big enough to lift the rover for return.

I used the smallest vectoring engine I could find, would the small orbital insertion engine be better? However, the engine also has to be big enough to lift the rover for return.

If the thrust is around 50 - 100 your good. But maybe you should put a decoupler half way so that the return module of the rover is lighter. You can look at the rover someone posted in the space craft exchange. Here\'s the link to the thread: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=5896.0

• 1 month later...