Persistent maneuver nodes and maneuver development

Going EVA after creating a maneuver node will lose the maneuver node when Jeb re-enters the command module.

To my mind, planned maneuvers belong as part of mission control - so should persist for the duration of the command module, regardless of where the kerbonaut gets to.

To aid gameplay, I'd suggest limiting maneuver nodes to one initially - this prevents the development of overcomplex trajectories early on in the game. An add-on (Kerbcomp?) module that can be installed in the command module (or upgraded command modules, e.g MK2, MK3 etc) can synchronise and automatically execute the maneuver on time, provided SAS/RCS is active and it has time to align to the maneuver prograde target. I'd suggest it uses electrical charge to perform synchronisation (and requires a comms device) and to store it's target requires a trickle of electricity

I've not played with any mods yet - having played the demo for a few days and then splurging on the full game, my gameplay path went: Demo->Tutorials, Demo->Sandbox, Full Game->Career mode, so I may have missed some learning aspects, otherwise, I'm loving this game - always enjoyed a bit of rocketry!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.