I was intending to resize models

As the title says, I was intending to resize models for a small proof of concept part pack, why resizing, well it seemed to be possible through part tweaking, meaning that I wouldn't have to look around excessively for a free software 3d studio to be able to see if I could make the parts and look for interest.

However, it seems as though the part visuals do not scale, while the attachment nodes does, also I have no idea if the colliders have been resized.

So there is three questions bundled with this: Is it possible to resize the model of an object without using a 3d editor.

I've think I've seen a list of 3d editors that would work with unity and ksp, but I can't find it so if you know of a free 3d editor with a not very restrictive license I would be very thankful.

If there is more than one editor that could work given the previous premise, is there any of those that will be able to generate an object from a radial outline, as most if not all parts I'm going to make will be a lot easier to make that way.

/Zorbeltuss

you might be looking for an option called rescale factor, I think it's all one word, I'm looking it up now but as far as I can see if you don't have it specified it is set to 1.25, I'm going to try 0.625 to see if that's the smaller size. I believe we have to change scale as well to match it? not sure.

You don't need to edit the models, this can easily be done in the cfg!

You'll have to use both "scale = 1" and "rescaleFactor = 1" to resize the model and nodes.

Play around with the values until you get the desired size.

When in Blender, the first thing I do with a new file is to set the scale to "metric", then make the desired part size. Usually these import into Unity and into the game with no other scaling needed. As above, the final place to adjust the scale is with the config file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.